trumpetfish

Free Running

On Uk TV last night was a programme on 'Free Running', a new discipline being practiced by a group of French guys. All I can say is WOW!!. A totally new thing to me. I saw it on a bbc advertisement last year where they had this guy leaving work for the day and running across rooftops to get home in time to see his favourite tv programme. it was the way he moved, very elegant, no wasted energy and the distances he was covering with his jumps were huge!

On this programme last night one guy jumped from the top of HMS Belfast (mored in london) down to the gun turret. That's 2 full stories - no matt, no net, nothing, and ran away!

Found this article on the subject and there's a link to their website.

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/news/story/0%2C10488%2C1026383%2C00.html

once this takes hold, I can see a lot of snappy ankle action going on in A&E in the not too distant future!

As far as balls go, these guys have titanium ones.

respec.[url]

That was a cool programme, the best bits for me was when he jumped about 9 feet across to a lower wall that was only one brick thick (laid the shortest way).

and he was jumping from one railing to another then did a black flip off one on the next pushed off that into the middle of a road!!!!

Yea, have to say it was pretty cool seeing them bouncing off everything.

One of the best bits was where one of them jumped accross from what looked like one balcony to another. quite a distance. He did a full 360 during the manover and kicked off te wall three times before landing on the other balcony object. Cool!

I thought some of the camera work could have been better, especially on the two story boat jump. As was hard to see just how high the guy really was. but then I reconed that they were saving some of the best stuff for a vid or something.

Yea.. very cool! B|

There was a commercial in the US w/ it too. Some guy was chasing a rooster. Don't know what the ad was for but though how much fun it looked like the guy was having. I'd imagine they have to be very agile & strong!!

There is no can't. Only lack of knowledge or fear. Only you can fix your fear.

PMS #227 (just like the TV show)

Couldn't find a copy of the program but this is a french film that has loads of the same stuff in it.

http://www.yamakasi-lefilm.com/ba/video3.html

hmm... just a bunch of mad French folk jumping across buildings? My French isn't good enough to tell but it looks interesting.

anyone seen it?

I saw this show quite a while ago and couldn't stop thining about since.

looks like fun.
as with most kids, I used to do stuff like this, and still kinda do but not to that extreme. i think if I jumped off the top deck of a ship I would flatten out quite a bit
My photos

My Videos