boinky

Sprint PCS Owners

I have had Sprint for a cell phone provider for probably 4 years or more. Decent service. I'm still sitting grandfather on an old plan.

*$30 gets me 300 anytime minutes (The new plan is $10 more)
*Free long distance
*Free nights & weekends after 8 p.m. (The new plan is $40 for them to start at 9:00 or pay a total of $15 more and get them at 7:00 p.m.)
*Roaming is 50 cents a minute

I don't really need more minutes, as I no longer use all of the allowed. Things I WOULD like to have:

*Free roaming
*Free unlimited Sprint PCS to Sprint PCS calls
*Text messaging capability (My old phone has the capability...never paid for the service)

Can anyone suggest options or what I can say to Sprint to get them to affordably give me what I want?

I don't need any of those fancy new phones that practically do magic tricks. I have a brand new digital camera, so I don't need the Vision Packs.
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

A good one, I learned from a friend, call their cancellation department. You can do this by calling, and saying 'cancellation' to the autmated voice.

That department has more power to deal than any other, trying to keep new customers.

I have had sprint for several years and did the above once. currently, I have 700 anytime, minutes unlimited PCS to PCS, nights starting at 7 for $60 a month.

I have a buddy (who cold weasel his mom out of stuff) and he got a $200 off a phone, and other goods (roaming, etc) but I was pretty happy with mine, and work pays it anyway. I just wish I got better reception in my apartment.
--
All the flaming and trolls of wreck dot with a pretty GUI.

Just ask them - they will tell you what they can do.

Nah...that would be too easy. It's THEIR job to make this stuff look attractive. B|

I want some honest answers from others who have already been sucked into their sales pitches. ;)
Nina

Roaming - $10 extra for limited number of minutes, don't know how much.

Free unlimited sprint to sprint - $5

Free unlimited text messaging (SMS) - $10

100 Text Messages per month - $5

If you have a vision pack (the sprint internet option) you can get unlimited text messages for $5

Hope that helps.

The Original Cabana Boy!

Yeah, I looked at the website, plus have brochures. None of it is very exciting. The way they make it look, I might as well just keep the plan I have and deal with it.

*$40 for 9:00 p.m. nights
*$5 for Unlimited Sprint to Sprint calling
*$5 for 100 text messages

That would hike my phone bill $20 and lose 1 hour of night minutes. >:(

I was just wondering if current customers get any sort of breaks at all.

If you go into a store, do you think you'd get any decent offers? Or just phone?
Nina

Go into a store or call the cancellation line like already suggested. I had been with sprint for about 4 years and was up on my service plan. I went into a store and asked what they could do for me or I would consider leaving. The gave me all kinds of "freebies" for signing another 2 year agreement. I got 2 phones for $20 each (reg. $120). I got free activation on both phones, free $50 service coupon for each phone, 2 free accesories (earbud and car charger ~$30 ea.) My minutes starting at 7 for no additional. Threaten them with leaving and then tell them what they have to do to get you to sign another agreement and if it's reasonable they will do it. Comparision shop too, if you see an offer at another company you like, take it to Sprint and they will most likely match it, that is if you want to stay with them.

Good luck,
Christina

what you are asking about is their "retention" plans. You need to talk to cancellations and let them know you need a better deal to stay - let them know what you found etc..

I got 1000 anytime/free pcs to pcs/8pm nights/free LD
KEPT my FIRST INCOMING MINUTE FREE - that saves me and my wife ~~ 500 mins a month
2 phones - $85/mo

http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/

MAN!!! After checking out all of these phones, I think my head hurts! :P They do so much nowadays. Don't they make just normal flip phones that don't take pictures, etc.? The technology is mind boggling.
Nina

They do make them but the phones suck ass. I have been a sprint user for almost five years. My current phone is a Sanyo 4900 candy bar style phone. I have the same plan you do but i got the night time minutes for five bucks i think. My G/f talk EVERY night and last month we racked just over 6000 total minutes...........i pay $45 a month. :)
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

last month we racked just over 6000 total minutes

Man...and I was proud of the 2000+ minutes I racked up in December! :P I salute you!
Nina

hahaha ya well We spend several hours where i am reading her the Harry Potter Books. We are 300 pages into the 5th book and we will be reading the 6th in the same way. :$:D:D
I swear you must have footprints on the back of your helmet - chicagoskydiver
My God has a bigger dick than your god -George Carlin

Harry Potter, huh?

Well, I will say that that is probably a good bit cleaner than some of the things I did during my 2000+ minutes. :$ :ph34r:
Nina