champu

GTA5 - B.A.S.E. Revisited (video)

I know we all know you can get the rig on top of the building in Los Santos and steal planes from the airport from the moment you start the game, but I've discovered something else.

As you go on in the game you improve your flying skill statistic, and that carries over into better tracking and quicker draw on your rig. I made this video to give you an idea of just how many exits there are in this game as you unlock new areas and get better at flying.

GTA B.A.S.E. (32MB*)

*it's on a university host so it should download pretty quick.

I can't wait for the PC release in June.

I think I'll have to lock myself in my apartment for a week and just play GTA.

oh boy oh boy oh boy!
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. --Douglas Adams

Nice video!
Watch out for those power lines. ;)

Yes, most of physics involved with BASE in this game are pretty reasonable, however there are a few exceptions, all of which are demonstrated here...

- power lines aren't real
- you surge forward a lot on opening
- if you rub your end cells against a building it won't muck up your canopy
- if you exit a vehicle in forward flight (be it a helicopter, a jet, a motorcycle you just drove off a cliff, whatever) you don't keep moving forward with it, you stop and fall like a stone.

/eta: oh yeah, and there's a reset button B|

Nice video!
Watch out for those power lines. ;)

Yes, most of physics involved with BASE in this game are pretty reasonable, however there are a few exceptions, all of which are demonstrated here...

- power lines aren't real
- you surge forward a lot on opening
- if you rub your end cells against a building it won't muck up your canopy
- if you exit a vehicle in forward flight (be it a helicopter, a jet, a motorcycle you just drove off a cliff, whatever) you don't keep moving forward with it, you stop and fall like a stone.

/eta: oh yeah, and there's a reset button B|

-Also, you can burn into water from any altitude and be just fine.
-If you die, you just end up at the hospital,$100 poorer and without all your guns (unless you are dating the nurse)
-When you bailout of a plane it immedatly falls like a brick even faster than you.

Very cool... good work on putting that together
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Check this short video out guys. B|

Anybody know if you can fly the warbird? I've made it to the airport in the second area (Los Santos?), I have my pilot's license, but most of the aircraft are locked, including the tailgate and the twin. Am I just not far enough in the game?

Check this short video out guys. B|

Anybody know if you can fly the warbird? I've made it to the airport in the second area (Los Santos?), I have my pilot's license, but most of the aircraft are locked, including the tailgate and the twin. Am I just not far enough in the game?

You'll get it soon enough :)