ChileRelleno

OK Guys lets see your Gf,SO or Wifes PICS

[Someone wanna fix the cutaway cable housing left side of the jumper in the front row, far right wearing blue?

Oh, I know her, and if you were to point that out to her, she would have gone off.............B|

She would go off on my pointing out a significant snag point that if hooked could do serious damage to her break away system and possibly render it impossible to cutaway? Ummm....ok.

Chris

[Someone wanna fix the cutaway cable housing left side of the jumper in the front row, far right wearing blue?

Oh, I know her, and if you were to point that out to her, she would have gone off.............B|

Chris

Chris - the woman you're refering to manufactures equipment and probably made the very rig she's wearing. Her husband is a master rigger. I doubt if too many people would "correct" her on her equipment. I might have said, "so, do you prefer your cable like that?" Yes, safety is critical, but there is such a thing as the etiquete of respect in addressing perceived safety issues with someone who has been in the sport over 20years and has thousands of jumps.
I hope I'm not opening a can of worms with this post...
Lori

Yes, safety is critical, but there is such a thing as the etiquete of respect in addressing perceived safety issues with someone who has been in the sport over 20years and has thousands of jumps.

So, if somebody that has 20 years in the sport and thousands of jumps, you won't mention to them that their cheststrap is unfastened before they jump? Or am I misreading that?

--
Hook high, flare on time

I knew I'd catch heck for posting that - No, I'd definately point out the misrouted chest strap. I usually check everyone's chest strap on my airplane so I dont lose another friend to that particular issue. But you can point things out without making it a big deal. That's really all I'm saying. Know who you're talking to and address your comments appropriately. A novice you might educate on the preferred method for routing a cutaway housing - a gear manufacturer you may ask "why do you like to have your housing like that?" That gives them a chance to examine what you are referring to and explain to you, or correct it if it's wrong.
I'd never let someone jump something potentially life threatening without addressing it in some manner.
Lori