Bouda

Difference between skydivers and golfers!

At Cross Keys, the planes usually take off over a golf course that is just past the end of the runway. I often imagine that the golfers are asking themselves why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane, while I am thinking why would anyone spend over $100 dollars to chase a white ball through the woods?

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, Shouting "...holy shit...what a ride!"

My brother-in-law has a sailboat docked on Lake Perris. He can see the jump planes from the lake. We can see the boats from altitude.

He looks up and wonders why we spend every day, all day, going up and down up and down.

We look down and wonder why they go round and round, round and round all day, every day! :D

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

The DZ I work at has a 9 hole and 18 hole right next to the airfield. Myself and most of the guys I work with play, youd be suprised how hard golf is.

The runway ends at the edge of the course so we always take off over the players, who by now have gotten used to us.

We did have a student land in trees next to one of the tees. Whilst we were getting him out the Pro who we all know was teeing off with one of his students.

After giving us grief for putting one of our students in a tree, he promptly hooked his ball off the fairway much to our amusement.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

The only good thing about golf IMO is the return you can get if you invest in the right piece of property at the right time. For me it was a piece of property in a golf estate between George and Mosselbay on the South African coast about two years ago.
There is a lot of stuff worth doing but then there is a lot of stuff worth doing instead.

The DZ I work at has a 9 hole and 18 hole right next to the airfield.

That'll be Bad Lipsringer(?) then eh?

I did my FJC on SL there in 91, on rounds.

I landed on the golf course once and in the trees behind the rugby club but before the autobahn once too. I saw my arse that day.:S

I'd like to jump there again one day.

Anyway, you know why they call it "golf"??

Because the word "shit" was taken.:P
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

A few years ago I was jumping in Sebastian and I met a bunch of brits taking their AFF. One of the guys was doing a solo and landed in the golf course. Apparently, he stood up the landing, gathered his parachute, and turned to the stunned foursome on the fairway and said in a polite british voice....

"Excuse me. Just playing through..." Then he went and found a phone.

I thought that was hilarious. But maybe it's just me

Well you could do worse than come over for the Easter Boogie or the RAPA champs in July.

Im sure that JumpMunki who also jumps at PLee is coming over at some point.

Flights are cheap through www.airberlin.com, and we will even pick you up from the airport.

Check out the add in the new Skydivemag.

Buzz
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Part the way down the link below you will see a golf cart fatality. Damn that is why you should only ride with pro cart drivers like sunshine. :ph34r:

http://www.saskgolfer.com/newsletters/augustindex02.php

I do like the way the brit handled his fairway encounter though. I should try it at the golf course my house backs onto, just don't know how to fake the jump (no jumping in canberra other than tandem).

Golf is just a sport where a bunch of grown men try to compete with each other by seeing who can slap thier balls around with the best stroke. And the ones who are really good just practice more than the others.
It's not what you do in life, it's what you do with your life that counts.

Im sure that JumpMunki who also jumps at PLee is coming over at some point.

I've heard that he is coming to Florida this October to watch/support the Deaf World Record jumps at Lake Wales... His friend is jumping on the record attempts.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

golf shoes $99.95
Silly ass golf pants 65.95
balls 50 bucks

i mean would would spend money on that it doesn't get your heart rate up
it can't be health

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com