happythoughts

profile info

The validity that I place on a person's post usually has nothing to do with the jump numbers in their profile - it has to do with me reading their other posts and getting a feel for whether they are a "real person" and whether they seem to know what they're talking about or not.

I guess I'm a "real person" ... wonder what my validity is with you Shotgun. Am I a valid poster?

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

The validity that I place on a person's post usually has nothing to do with the jump numbers in their profile - it has to do with me reading their other posts and getting a feel for whether they are a "real person" and whether they seem to know what they're talking about or not.

That is true. I look at a profile as a starting point. It is just primary information.

I have over 1,000 jumps, yet I am not a freeflyer or a swooper. I would instantly state that. I have a fairly good understanding of my limitations.

The profile is just to help get a general picture of people.

I guess I'm a "real person" ... wonder what my validity is with you Shotgun. Am I a valid poster?

No, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a real person... You are a crazed, serial-killer teddy bear and I am scared of you. :P

I meant the validity of giving advice related to skydiving, and the "real person" as opposed to a troll-type... and the two don't necessarily go together. There are plenty of "real people" who give advice on here that I would probably not listen to, but I'm pretty picky about who I will take advice from in this sport (as everyone should be).

No, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a real person... You are a crazed, serial-killer teddy bear and I am scared of you.

Woot! I rank!!

I meant the validity of giving advice related to skydiving, and the "real person" as opposed to a troll-type... and the two don't necessarily go together. There are plenty of "real people" who give advice on here that I would probably not listen to, but I'm pretty picky about who I will take advice from in this sport (as everyone should be).

I have to agree with this too. I'm so glad someone can speak for me. Saves me time having to think all that out and type it too.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

However, your g/f PM'd me. She is getting seasick from you jumping on the bed all the time.

Oh really? You heard from Halle? I thought she was busy on the set of her next movie... hmmm.

btw, is the "billion" in yen or lira?

Ok, you got me... that's in yen - that's still like $10 mil US. What can I say? The Japanese chicks can't get enough of me.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

I understand not putting your name in, internet stalkers and all.

People who are actually in the sport, generally like to meet other people in the sport and skydive. Filling out the profile is a good way to find jump buddies with similar interests and nearby locations.

Yeah like me:ph34r::ph34r: I lived 10oookms away and sill got to jump with Bill:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am looking for a woman who is a large B/small C and has a good job that doesn't involve fishing. I look through the profiles but nobody mentions that stuff. :ph34r:

Maybe we should take that to the "Suggestions and Feedback" forum... new profile fields! But I'd like to suggest a few of my own for the gentlemen... B|

Like "I'm hung like a stud mare!"?
:D
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Hey I'm viirtually a forum "virgin" so could someone pse tell me what a TROLL is??

Generally, a person who posts to threads for the primary goal of pissing people off. They usually use broad general statements to incite as much reaction as possible. Then, they follow up by twisting the words of posters, making personal attacks, or hijacking the thread. For some reason, their joy in life is making other people unhappy.

They aren't interested in information from a thread, just reaction.

Trolls are wannabees with no life. Polar opposites of people who actually live.

Generally, a person who posts to threads for the primary goal of pissing people off. They usually use broad general statements to incite as much reaction as possible. Then, they follow up by twisting the words of posters, making personal attacks, or hijacking the thread. For some reason, their joy in life is making other people unhappy.

They aren't interested in information from a thread, just reaction.

Trolls are wannabees with no life. Polar opposites of people who actually live.

Or, it seems, they are someone not brave enough to handle the vicious personal attacks should they dare to express anything negative, regardless of motive, toward one of the sacred inner circle

(Flame proof suit at the cleaners but filling tub with cold water)

Or, it seems, they are someone not brave enough to handle the vicious personal attacks should they dare to express anything negative, regardless of motive, toward one of the sacred inner circle

I aint scared and who is this sacred inner circle so I can get to flamin them!!

Yeah like me I lived 10oookms away and sill got to jump with Bill

Have you found a copy of Fandango yet?

Yeah Dave (Wingy) is organising it for me)B|
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

My own definition of "inner circle" is someone surrounded by others. A lot of time, people become surrounded by friends because they are well liked. Makes sense?

A good troll attacks a well liked person for exactly the reason stated earlier, getting the most reaction from the most people. A good friend would defend a friend, wouldn't you?

Also, it gives them the opportunity to play "poor little me" later and get more posts. Pretending to the noblest of motives (helping others or "healthy discussion") while playing on the virtues of still other people (who give benefit of the doubt to everyone).

Quite a game, isn't it ? Eventually, people become internet savvy and learn to identify people trying to manipulate them.