loumeinhart

happily this won't apply to everyone

i generally scrape the whole damn thing off. it always pisses me off to see someone who couldn't take the extra 3 or 4 minutes to do the job right, and when it comes down to it, they are really taking a chance on running into something/someone. i have to drive past a school about 2 blocks from my house, so there's lots of kids wandering everywhere, crossing streets without looking and all that good stuff.
"Hang on a sec, the young'uns are throwin' beer cans at a golf cart."
MB4252 TDS699
killing threads since 2001

I get off as much as I can in the five minutes I allow myself to get to work with a cd case. B| If I still can't see, I roll down the window and stick my head out Ace Ventura style. ;)

I really need to buy an ice scraper....:D

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Really let the truck heat up and have defrost going before I work TOO hard on the windshield a scratch it. I also keep an extra bottle of windshield wiper fluid inside the house with a large bottle of Iso/alchohol. In a rush, I would slowly pour the bottle (mix) on the entire windshield as I then work the scraper. NEVER hot water!
(yes, I put a lot of thought in to it because I'm from Lake Placid N.Y.= -30 days)

i was doing this and thought am i the only one? :
chiseling 1/2 ice off your windshield, do you do the whole windshield or just a fist-sized hole to see out of?

ARGH. I HATE it when people do not clear off their cars well!. Not only is it unsafe for them, but when a big piece of ice or snow going flying off their car, it often flies onto the hood or windshield of the car behind them.

If the effort was used to do half, do the whole thing.
Why yes, my license number is a palindrome. Thank you for noticing.

I get off as much as I can in the five minutes I allow myself to get to work with a cd case. B| If I still can't see, I roll down the window and stick my head out Ace Ventura style. ;)

I really need to buy an ice scraper....:D

He he, when you get there do you have the Dumb and Dumber snot thing going? :D

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky