skymama

My first Shiner Bock

I'll be drinking it tonight as soon as it gets cold! :o

A new store opened near my house where you can buy all sorts of single beers for $1.49 to try them out. As soon as I saw Shiner Bock, I grabbed it because of all the talk that's been on the forums about it all these years. I feel like a dork to be so excited about being able to buy a beer that's not normally sold in FL! :ph34r:

Right now I'm drinking Sea Dog Wild Blueberry Wheat Ale from Maine. It's really yummy! I think I'll be dumping a lot of money at this store, they have a great wine selection too.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

My first Shiner Bock

You have to buy beer for that, right? Oh, wait...

Edit to add: damn, Keith beat me to it! Well, you'll have to let us know how it is. I know that I was positively giddy when I could finally get it in Washington (after falling in love with it when I worked in Texas for a few months).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Weird, I read the word "BEER" and all of a sudden I can't think of anything except a an icy cold beer. The thirst commences...

I am in the process of quenching my thirst with some ice cold adult beverages. B|

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

skymama you will have to post what you thought of the nectar of the gods brewed here in the fine state of Texas. B|

I have never met anyone whos not enjoyed a ice cold Shiner Bock. Even a Scottsman named NacMacFeegle has writen praise about this awesome brew.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

There is really no other beer that it tastes like. It has it's own flavor and texture.

To me it's similar to Sierra Nevada

Oh, like I've had that one before! :P Remember, I'm the girl who isn't opposed to drinking Bud Light. This is a big stretch for me!
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

What is it going to taste like? Compare it to another beer.

It's not gonna taste like any other beer you've had, and it's gonna be WAY different than the blueberry wheat beer you just had!

If you like a lighter beer, Shiner also makes Shiner Light, which I really like... but don't confuse it with Coors or Bud light, it's still a real beer taste.

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Oh, OK, well then it's like Bud Light only with flavor. ;) Just kiddin' I drink Bud too. Shiner Bock is on the light side of full bodied beers. It's heavier than Bud, but much lighter than say Guiness. It's Very tasty.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Oh, like I've had that one before! :P Remember, I'm the girl who isn't opposed to drinking Bud Light. This is a big stretch for me!

Copperish color, small white foamy head. Aroma is fruity and sweet. A medium bodied bock. A Richly malted, mildly hopped beer. There is some sweetness (honey like) to this beer. Nice flavor. Mouthfeel is full and round. Finish is crisp; Aftertaste is malty, not bitter

You are probably going to hate it. I think you should definitely save it for me to drink. ;)

P-
--
It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Postal Rodriguez, Muff 3342

Where's Dave? He'll be wet in his pantz

*out of breath panting*

Sorry, I had to run to make here even at this late moment...what did I miss?

:P:P

Andrea, I bet you enjoy it..I love Shiner its definately my favorite beer.B|
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Ok, I'm going to drink it but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for my report because I'm going to my boyfriend's to have our beer around the world and watch "The Motorcycle Diaries". We're wild and crazy, huh? :ph34r:

Ok, I'm going to drink it but you'll have to wait until tomorrow for my report because I'm going to my boyfriend's to have our beer around the world and watch "The Motorcycle Diaries". We're wild and crazy, huh? :ph34r:

I dunno. I've had a lot of wild and crazy nights start with a beer and a movie. :):$