GiaKrembs

Airport Security - too strict???

I have a co-worker from my Bremerhaven office who flew in today (flight arrived @ 11:30)... He was born and raised in Germany, of Middle Eastern descent. Prior to leaving Germany he went to the German/US consulate's to get all his documentation in order (including name clearance etc.). to avoid delays upon arrival into LAX.

Poor guy has been held up with security now for 3 hours.... even after all of the certification/documentation he brought along with him.

Do you think this is excessive????

Raddest ho this side of Jersey #1 - rest in peace brother
Beth lost her cherry and I missed it
.... you want access to it, but you don't want to break it.

Yes.

The extra security is needed, but everyone needs to increase employers, facilities etc etc.

The very fact that we are severely inconvinienced means the 'terrorists' are having an effect.

Not cool.
Lee _______________________________

In a world full of people, only some want to fly, is that not crazy?
http://www.ukskydiver.co.uk

Yes. I know its becoming a cliche but all the 9/11 assholes had proper documents.

Another point, when the TSA staffed were hired it happened real quick, not exactly enough time to ensure you had suitable people responsible for a nations secuirty.

Lastly, I'll see you in Speakers in 3,2,1 ;)

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

That's surprising.

I haven't seen any airport security in America that even comes close to what I witnessed in Switzerland.

Since your co-worker is being held up on arrival, it sounds like he's being held up by customs/immigration, rather than airport security...?

Why is he being held up?
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Ya, I was worried this might get sent over to SC... I'm afraid to go in there, and was hoping that it wouldn't turn into a HUGE political debate...

I just feel really bad for the guy...

Oh well! g

My boss is waiting at the airport for him, and no-one will give him concrete details, other than "for security purposes he is being held."

?????????????

Last time I went to the US i got stopped at immigration. They asked me how much money I had on me in dollars. i had nothing in cash, they we're a little funny about it until I explained about this little plastic thing I put into machine which gives me money. Then I had to throw away my chicken sandwich.

Still pissed about the sandwich.

"This isn't an iron lung, people. You can actually disconnect and not die." -Dave

Gia we do alot of international sales and sometimes those customers have to come to the US to inspect their purchases at the plant.

There has been numerous times since 9/11 that Customs & Imigration Officers have held our customers for long periods of time. They've returned a few Chinese nationals back to China. They've refused to let an entire Algerian group of 8 into the country. Made them stay at the airport and catch the next flight back. That flight was 2 days later.

It's really messed up sometimes. So I do sympathise with your boss and what your co-worker is going through. I'm sure he's sitting in some room wondering WTF is going on himself.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Hevent been to the US in a long time but if you really want security at airports come to Israel.
also our airline El Al has alot of security.
so the way I see it every where else ther is a lack of security.
I guess it's what you are used to.

...And once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return...
blue sky
Asaf

Airline security is not to strict,,what sucks is all the asshats with carryons !! wally

See - and I read this as the description of the TSA:P

". . . Asshats with crayons":D:D:P
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

Airline security is not to strict,,what sucks is all the asshats with carryons !! wally

That would be me, with my rig and lap top. No way am I checking those items.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

I haven't seen any airport security in America that even comes close to what I witnessed in Switzerland.

true that!!! flew into zurich and it was insne gettingmy pasport stamped... heck just driving across the border from france to switzerland was a pain...... one thingi always found nice though when coming back tothe states was using my military id vs my pasport.. always eemed to bet treated better........ and security.. hahah... when i was 19 i brough back like half a case of wine with me on the plane in my carry on.... they let me right through, even after seeing it in there when they checked me at customs.....

earlier this year myself and 8 cowoerkers got a no notice assigment to go to maine to work on a few of our jets that were on thier way to iraq, since our tickets were bought that same day we were inspected left and right... coolest thing was when we woldn't let them look inside one of our cases since it contained clasified material... they didn'tlike it but because we had the right documentation they let us go about our way......

It could be that more and more passengers are going to carry on as much as they can, since we're sick of having the TSA go through our stuff. I really don't mind that, it's when they don't pack it back up the right way, and things get broken. That has happened to me so many times. I'm ready to demand that I stand there when they go through my bags that I have to check in.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey