Douva

Skydive San Marcos gets some good press....

link one quote

, just 3,500 feet from Earth, they tug a cord that sends out a pilot chute. That chute, the size of a garbage can lid, catches air and pulls out the main chute, the much larger rectangular canopy that floats the sky diver to the ground at a soothing 30 or 40 miles per hour.

must be a tandem? but tug a cord? thats so OOOOLD

anywho... happy to see them gettting good press. good luck guys!
Leroy

..I knew I was an unwanted baby when I saw my bath toys were a toaster and a radio...

Although i haven't been there in a while, this is one of my favorite DZ's. The DZO and his wife Deb are good people, and the staff are tops! They deserve every word of good press they get, cause god knows they've taken their share of hard knocks as well. Good luck SDSM!
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Great to see a 'good' article about skydiving. Especially, when it's Skydive San Marcos. SSM is a really cool DZ. Phil and Deb do a great job and have a great staff. Stories like that are good to see. Usually, the press runs the 'negative' stuff. Oh yeah, they mention Douva!:D

Chuck

Oh yeah, they mention Douva!

We'll never get his helmet on him again.:D:D:D

I was worried about what kind of story they were going to write. I like it, there are a few inconsistancies, but over all, i thought it was good.B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I do not have to sit her and listen to this! I'm going to my dressing room!
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

I do not have to sit her and listen to this! I'm going to my dressing room!

Somebody owes :D!!! :D
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

i like the comment about a corporate exec, erotic, dancer, artist, and minister all hanging out every saturday, i wonder who could those guys be?:ph34r:

those pics are amazing

Could you imagine how the story would have been had they showed up on a typical summer saturday night?:o:D:D

It's really amazing, the various people and different 'walks of life'. They just have one common thing... skydiving! At our little one Cessna DZ, we have had folks from all different occupations and lifestyles... it's too cool!B|
edit to add: Even Douva!:D

Chuck

The pies normally only include whipped cream, but if a jumper makes an effort to conceal his or her jump numbers to avoid being pied, these pies may also include anything from mustard to cat food,"

yup that is how it is at old skydive san marcos, true believers, I think my pie was made up of chocolate syup, macaroni salad, yellow cake, and maybe something like pie it was f-ing gross:S

says Lewis, the sky surfer

that is my new quote:ph34r:

Ahh, what a wonderful world.

It's really amazing, the various people and different 'walks of life'. They just have one common thing... skydiving! At our little one Cessna DZ, we have had folks from all different occupations and lifestyles... it's too cool!B|
edit to add: Even Douva!:D

Chuck

The thing we DON'T have is Scotty to help get DOUVA in trouble.;):D:D

Good God, did someone actually write an article that characterizes us as something other than insane, suicidal adrenaline addicts?

Someone give me a call when Douva's head has returned to normal size and I'll come out and jump. ;)
------------------------------
Of course it hurts. The trick is not *minding* that it hurts.
- T.E. Lawrence