skymama

Six months off...do I really need to repack my main?

I once jumped a seat pack that had been packed for 7 years. Opened just fine. That is not to say it was the smart thing to do. That is when I realized just how long the risers are on a seat pack. :P

Sparky

I bet that seatpack had an F111 canopy that was packed way looser than todays ZP (read : silicone coated) canopies crammed into a tight Dbag. I have pulled some bricks out that have been packed for 1/2/3/4 years, and a few I had to peel rather roughly in order to separate.

plus that round has completely different inflation characteristics....

sorry Sparky, your example is a little of.

You do not need to repack your main.
When I was on Johnston Atoll for Five years I would not get to Hawaii for six months, both mains worked just fine. B|

Both, eh?B|

Yes Both, I have two identical Racers. Both were left at a friends house in Honolulu while I was on the Atoll.

A rigger on the North Shore of Oahu would repack both reserves and leave both mains in the bag.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

my apologies. thought you meant both your main and reserve, should be careful reading i guess.
- It's okay to be happy to see me. Just because you're English doesn't mean you need to hide your emotions.
- I'm Irish. We let people know how we feel. Now fuck off.

The worst part was my kitten thinking he needed to investigate every part that moved on this thing he'd never seen before. Here he is checking out his new toy when I left the room!

And now you have a new *Kitten Assist* Parachute deployment system.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

y'all are slipping. not one person brought up the fact that Skymama posted a picture of her pussy

These forums are in a tailspin of biblical proportions. B|
"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

If my ears and sinuses will clear up from the awful pollen we're having in Central FL right now, I'll go. I did a jump once with stuffy sinuses, it felt like something blew up in my forehead during freefall. :|

She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Could you tell the story of how you needed to jump the seat pack?

I really didn’t have to; I was the only one dumb enough to try it. It was found in a back water area of Long Beach harbor. After rinsing it out thoroughly and giving it a very good inspection it was decided by committee and with lots of Budweiser courage that it was “airworthy”. Hung some “D” rings in front with a 24’ flat and the next morning headed to the DZ. I either had to back up my loud mouth bravado or hide my head in shame. Being very young and full of stupid I made the jump. It worked just fine and I landed without incident. I learned a very good lesson; never miss a chance to keep you big mouth shut.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

it felt like something blew up in my forehead during freefall.
----------------------------------------------------------

mmmm I could take that sooooo many places but instead since I'm waiting on my new rig to arrive in the mail I'll be nice. For now.