Cornholio

Credit Card Fraud Sucks!!

Over the last couple of months, I've noticed charges on my debit card that were not made my myself. I've called all the merchants and had it reversed a while back. Last night I looked and two more fraudulent charges appear.

I've had enough. Went down to the bank this morning and closed that debit card down and ordered a new one. Also went to the local PD and filed a report. They said there's not much they can do about it, since it's under the grand larceny limit, but at least it's documented.

Sigh.. [:/] So now I have to wait for a new card to arrive. But the worst part is that that I have like 3 or 4 automatic debit card charges for different services each month or year that need to be changed. Plus, I have online banking that will be put on hold until I get the new account. And, when I ordered a new card several years ago, they inadvertently wiped out all my billpay payees and information. They said that won't happen this time, but we'll see.

Fuck those fuckers who got my CC number. May you rot in hell for eternity for your fraudulent acts. >:(>:( And yes, I'm usually very good and security-aware about online payments and stuff, so I don't see how easily this could have happened.

/end rant

Butthead: Whoa! Burritos for breakfast!
Beavis: Yeah! Yeah! Cool!
bellyflier on the dz.com hybrid record jump

That sucks. I totally feel for you. I had something similar but worse happen to me a couple years back when my bag was stolen. Forged checks, credit card charges, etc. It's a pain in the ass and then years later you find shit on your credit report that you never knew about.

I hope this fixes the problem for you.

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

It's a pain in the ass and then years later you find shit on your credit report that you never knew about.

Free annual credit reports...sooo glad that this was finally mandated:

https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

Good thing it was just a Debit Card, as there's like a 700/day limit or something, and I've looked over all the debits for the last 6 months and didn't see anything too outrageous. The largest charge was for 130 for an Ebay auction... hmmm, wonder what he won - that fucker! >:(

130 for an Ebay auction... hmmm, wonder what he won - that fucker!

dude.. have I shown you my new digital camera?;)

JK...
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Fuck those fuckers who got my CC number. May you rot in hell for eternity for your fraudulent acts. And yes, I'm usually very good and security-aware about online payments and stuff, so I don't see how easily this could have happened.

Same thing happened to me. You have to be really careful when paying with a DB or CC. One thing I noticed is that some places print out the full DC or CC # with the exp date on the receipt. That's all they need. Now I always check the receipt and if the full card # is there I scratch out everything except the last 4 digits. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

Can't e-bay tell you where the item was shipped to?

No, I wish. They wouldn't tell me anything. I talked to Yahoo about a similar problem and they wouldn't tell me either. All they could tell me is that the usernames that I have had or ever did have were not related to the charges. So I know for sure that it wasn't me making a charge by mistake. But I'm for certain I wouldn't sign up for yahoo premium mail - for two months in a row!!

And as far as the CC slips go, I do check them, and if they do have my CC# on it, I shred it... I bought a paper shredder for my house years ago and use it religiously. It crosscuts, so it would take years to put them together. PLUS - I have a garbage bag full of the clippings that I have never thrown away. I planned to use them for shipping protection filling, but I haven't had to ship anything yet. B|

I feel your pain. A few months back some A-holes got a hold of my debit card number and whiped out my checking account on payday. They walked away with a few thousand of my hard earned dollars. All the checks, physical and electronic, I wrote against those funds bounced. My bank was pretty good about it though, and I had my funds, and bank charges back in my account with-in a couple of weeks.
Keith

Don't Fuck with me Keith - J. Mandeville

Can't e-bay tell you where the item was shipped to?

No, I wish. They wouldn't tell me anything. I talked to Yahoo about a similar problem and they wouldn't tell me either. All they could tell me is that the usernames that I have had or ever did have were not related to the charges. So I know for sure that it wasn't me making a charge by mistake. But I'm for certain I wouldn't sign up for yahoo premium mail - for two months in a row!!

And as far as the CC slips go, I do check them, and if they do have my CC# on it, I shred it... I bought a paper shredder for my house years ago and use it religiously. It crosscuts, so it would take years to put them together. PLUS - I have a garbage bag full of the clippings that I have never thrown away. I planned to use them for shipping protection filling, but I haven't had to ship anything yet. B|

Bummer, so they can't help.

I have a shredder too. I burn after I shred. Yup, I kind of worried that someone will get that number, but heck, better safe then sorry.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Over the last couple of months, I've noticed charges on my debit card that were not made my myself. I've called all the merchants and had it reversed a while back. Last night I looked and two more fraudulent charges appear.

I've had enough. Went down to the bank this morning and closed that debit card down and ordered a new one. Also went to the local PD and filed a report. They said there's not much they can do about it, since it's under the grand larceny limit, but at least it's documented.

Sigh.. [:/] So now I have to wait for a new card to arrive. But the worst part is that that I have like 3 or 4 automatic debit card charges for different services each month or year that need to be changed. Plus, I have online banking that will be put on hold until I get the new account. And, when I ordered a new card several years ago, they inadvertently wiped out all my billpay payees and information. They said that won't happen this time, but we'll see.

Fuck those fuckers who got my CC number. May you rot in hell for eternity for your fraudulent acts. >:(>:( And yes, I'm usually very good and security-aware about online payments and stuff, so I don't see how easily this could have happened.

/end rant

Become paranoid about your accounts.

After you get your identity stolen and massive bogus bills you'll see how useful this is.

Monthly bills should be paid by check. Yeah- sure it is inconvineint but there is no one at the utility that has your credit card info.

Use one credit card for online transactions. Do not use a debit card. Do not use this credit card for anything else. This way you can locate potential compromises in a hurry.

Use cash for everything local whenever possible. If you need to, get another credit card for local purchases.

Debit cards are easy to spoof. Watch people entering their codes. It's easy to see what they are entering. People walk away without their receipt. Sometimes that receipt is given to the next customer. Other people go dumpster diving for these receipts and have a field day.

Always wait until the final bill comes up on the panel before swiping your card. Always see that the monitor has finished the transaction before leaving. The Post Office has these new machines that take several seconds to 'finalize'. They ask 'do you have any other purchases?' or something like that. If someone steps up, after you have left, they can charge their postage to your credit card by saying 'yes' to the question.

At most grocery store check outs and such, if you start a credit card transaction and then decide to pay by cash or check the live credit card is still on the scanner thing. The person after you gets to charge items to your credit card.

Those fuckers>:(
I had my CC company give me a call and ask if I had spend over $5k on flooring in Spain. $5000>:(
They knew that the charges were fraudulent b/c the asslips had bought gas (also in Spain) just a couple hours b/f the CC comp called. All charges were expunged without any other questions
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

kinda disagree - --use to work in cc fraud, most transactions are credit, if you enter a PIN, look over your shoulder. - If someone gets your PIN, they need to steal your card

people go dumpster diving for these receipts and have a field day

this is no longer possible, you could give me your social, checking accnt # and address, - I would NOT be able to do a thing with it. Financial institutions have stepped up their game with tight verifications systems.

Use cash for everything

I use my debit for everything, - it's 2005, yea I had my card stolen then $800 at walmart - no biggie my bank handled it, - that's really the only way you can steal identity. ;)

-