devarona

Suggest a price for selling used gear please!

Hey guys,

Im trying to sell my gear on the classifieds section but I really have no idea on how much i could sell my gear for...

I have the following:

Mirage G3 container with 52 jumps.
Sabre 150 with 800 jumps (needs a reline)
Sabre 170 with 750 jumps (needs a reline after about 100 additional jumps).
PD reserve (never been used).

I appreciate all the help i can get thnx!

I'm making some assumptions about how old the gear is.

A barely used G3 should have a pretty high price. I'd guess someone around 1400, given that they retail for around 1800.

A Sabre 150 with 800 jumps has had a lot of use. These retail for around $1600. Half of that is 800, and you should subtract another 200 for the lines. $600.

Same thing for the 170, but a hundred bucks more since it's got a hundred jumps less. $700.

PD Reserves can be gotten new for around 900. They hold their value well if not used, but a lot of repacks will affect the price. As long as there's a small number of repacks, I say $800.

Just my opinion, but these numbers are probably good starting points. Adjust as demand warrants. There's a lot of used gear out there right now.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

A Sabre 150 with 800 jumps has had a lot of use. These retail for around $1600. Half of that is 800, and you should subtract another 200 for the lines. $600.

Same thing for the 170, but a hundred bucks more since it's got a hundred jumps less. $700.

Since the original poster didn't say it was a Sabre2, I would assume it's an original Sabre, and those don't retail for $1600... i.e. I wouldn't pay $700 for original Sabre 170 with 750 jumps and nearly destroyed lineset

i.e. I wouldn't pay $700 for original Sabre 170 with 750 jumps and nearly destroyed lineset

I agree, I have a Sabre 150 with about 600 jumps and a newer line set (installed last year) with shipping included in the classifieds for under $600.. I am guessing the canopy I am selling breaks down to about $425-450 with the remaining portion being the value of a low number of jumps on a new line set and the shipping. The numbers your noting would make me put the canopy more in the $400 value range..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"