AggieDave

What if (skydiving what ifs)

What if.... cessnas could efficiently go up to 13k just like the big dogs at the cool dropzones?

They can, its just not cost effective for most DZs to modify their 182 to do that. A 300hp fuel injected engine with a 3-bladed prop and wing extensions tends to turn a 182 into a hard-core climbing monster.;)

The cost of those upgrades cost more then the plane.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Here's one....

what if skydiving as a career (and not just the Knights) was considered not just socially acceptable but socially desirable?

Imagine, Little Johnie, going to the guidance counselor in High School... ummmm... "I think I want to be a skydiver." with a reply "well, Johnie... high goals, but you're going to have to work hard to achieve those by doing at least 12-14 jumps /day.... but the pay will be worth it... and the girls... So don't worry about medical school right now. That's for those who cant make it in the sky."

I can’t imagine anything potentially more fulfilling, nor a more worthy aim for a life's work, than being part of the parachute industry and making it safer for the people that I have been fortunate to have met in the sport.

That's very sad[:/][:/][:/]
and also very norrow minded:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

"After smoking some wizard leaf in Zambia a few years back, my buddy and I asked the following:

What if you could jump from a plane, open, land on a cloud, pack your rig and then "BASE" off it again?"

That is the funniest / coolest thing I have ever heard!!! I just imagine the thought process throught eh cloud of smoke....

...and in my childhood backyard we had a whale that would let us slide down his tail and flip us up to 13000ft?

( dont ask it was a weird dream, but I was skydiving for free)

Dude...do you do drugs?;) ...The ride up would be almost as fun as the ride down!

Dude...do you do drugs?;) ...The ride up would be almost as fun as the ride down!

NO but I used to...they made me feel too normal!

What if we could grow wings and fly, would you still jump with an AAD?

wings would make skydiving boring. Im glad I dont have them....

well if I was the only one who had them it would be cool but if everyone did it would suck! Id be the guy who walked everwhere and everyone thought was crazy
My photos

My Videos

Nope, but I'd start using an RSL so I'd be safe.

>:(;):P

(For any low time jumpers that may be confused by that statement, it is a joke. Please research both AADs and RSLs, including talking to your instructors and S&TA before coming to conclusions on either).

Nope, but I'd start using an RSL so I'd be safe.

>:(;):P

(For any low time jumpers that may be confused by that statement, it is a joke. Please research both AADs and RSLs, including talking to your instructors and S&TA before coming to conclusions on either).

I think you should apply for a job with OSHA.
Scars remind us that the past is real

I think you should apply for a job with OSHA.

Hahaha!

I was bitching at Todd last week about something like that.

His hand slipped while putting a reserve in a freebag and he put his thumb in his right eye. Ended up scratching his eye and had to go to the Doc to get fixed up.

Anyways, on Sunday he was doing some more rigging work and I told him that he has to wear a hard hat, goggles, gloves and just incase, a safety harness connected to a safety line incase he tripped.:D:P

Ok, seriously though, I've seen my posts pulled apart by people trying to prove some sort of personal agenda, and I know that some folks may miss the joke, thinking I'm serious, so I state things like that now. [:/]

and in my childhood backyard we had a whale that would let us slide down his tail and flip us up to 13000ft?

Two words - whip lash

pretty cool dream

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Ok, seriously though, I've seen my posts pulled apart by people trying to prove some sort of personal agenda, and I know that some folks may miss the joke, thinking I'm serious, so I state things like that now.

That never happens!!:o

Its the Bonfire Dave - Everyone is suppose to have a sense of humor!:D If not they can go to SC.

Judy
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Two words - whip lash

nah... it was a trained whale he knew how to let us slide and toss us without whiplash!

that was part of the dream thgouh. my bro was asking and we showed him. than he came and jumped with us LOL
My photos

My Videos