freeflir29

Wow........Rum Connoissuers listen up!

You dummy !!!!! You are drinking Cuban Vodka !

Bacardi originated in Cuba back in the late mid to late 1800s. After the revolution, Fidel Castro seized the brand name as a national asset, however the exiliates re-opened the brand in the US (Puerto Rico) and continued the production.

Cuban Bacardi is a new marketing ploy since the the inception of US-originated Havana Rum (previously a Cuban brand). Some 10 years or so ago, the US Goverment granted the US company the right use the Havana Club brand ... in retaliation the Cuban government began manufacturing and marketing "Bacardi" ....

Anyways, so much for history, for all I know you are drinking Infidel's Rum...

Get your ass back here !
Cheers
Jorge
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I know someone who would have LOVED some of that cuban rum. He used to make this drink from rum, sugar,and limes. Its puerto rican and I cant remember what its called.
Rum straightup was his evening chat drink of choice. Have one for him, Clay, and tell him how much he is missed. :)

I know someone who would have LOVED some of that cuban rum. He used to make this drink from rum, sugar,and limes. Its puerto rican and I cant remember what its called.
Rum straightup was his evening chat drink of choice. Have one for him, Clay, and tell him how much he is missed. :)

Isn't that a Cuba Libre?

Nope, I was wrong - sorry!

Cuba Libre
2 oz. Rum
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Coca-cola

Pour lime juice into a highball glass over ice cubes. Add rum and coca-cola, stir and serve...

Sounds good, though!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Are you sure that it was made in Cuba, as opposed to just being advertised as Cuban-style rum?

Well...............here's what it says on the label. It's just labeled as "Ron Carta Blanca" "Bacardi Superior" and not "Silver" like the American labels. Also..........on the lower front label it says "Casa Fundada en Cuba." The label on the back says "Bacardi Carta Blanca Rum." and has the www.bacardi.com web site. Also where it's normally labeled as 750 Ml or whatever...........this one says 100cl e. Cetiliters maybe? It's definately NOT a normal Bacardi bottle. I know them quite well. :D

Rum straightup was his evening chat drink of choice. Have one for him, Clay, and tell him how much he is missed.

He is sorely missed! The first one is for him next time I am in the bottle. :)

Rum - here's a subject i can comment on...seven years down there gives the title of expert, i think. Barcelo...good edestrian rum. Watched a guy drink a case of it by himself one night. then a case of the heienken. true story. he lived. we had to give him oxygen the next day when he awoke, but he lived. (he drove us to our island every day.) (small bottles. appx. 16 oz?)the heinies were the small 10 oz french style. The grenadians make a nice one by the name of westerhall. fuck the french. The best is Anniversario from Venezuela. $9/bottle.in country. $30 in the states, if you can find it. aged twenty five years in oak casks. don't pay more for "better rum". 25 is enough. try calderwoods from tortola for a different style. cruzan sucks all 'round. Bacardi is piss water, in any flavor. There are many, but those are my tips. Barcelo is a nice pedestrian rum - cheap and o.k. for regular consumption. try the anniversario for a real treat. neat please. Dave

Bacardi originated in Cuba back in the late mid to late 1800s. After the revolution, Fidel Castro seized the brand name as a national asset, however the exiliates re-opened the brand in the US (Puerto Rico) and continued the production.
(...)
Anyways, so much for history, for all I know you are drinking Infidel's Rum...

What HE said! It was 1862, early in the U.S. Civil War, to be precise. If you wanna see a relic of the good ole days of Bacardi--made weeks before Castro and his revolutionaries landed-- CLICK! This was a gift to me from the distillery in Santiago. I've taken the pic so that my name, carved into the end of the keg, doesn't show (protecting the guilty). The funny thing is that, at the time, I wasn't anywhere near the legal age to drink or drive in the U.S., but they knew a good prospective customer when they saw one!