freeflir29

Wow........Rum Connoissuers listen up!

I stopped by the Haji liquor store here in the Green Zone the other day. I picked up a LARGE bottle of Bacardi. I noticed when I bought it that it's Cuban rum. I figured it wouldn't be any differen't than the normal stuff but damn was I wrong! It's MUCH smoother with no bite at all. Just very smooth with a nice taste. If youever get your hands on any don't pass it up. I'll definately be mailing some of this home. If the post office will let me! ;)

After you "retire" I highly recommend sailing around the Caribbean a bit.... there is some knock your ass to the cockpit sole stuff made on MOST of the islands...

Abso-damm-lutely! I spent some time in the Dominican Republic. They had a very good local rum that was even cheaper than the local beer. I can't remember the name of it for the life of me though. It was made in Puerta Plata in the 80's.

They already told me to NOT seal my packages up before taking it to the post office. I guess they inspect it on the spot before they even take it from you. :D I'm not sure if liquor is on the banned list though.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if they took a little peek. As to the legality...

USPS Pub 52 exerpt

Doc mentioned in postal regs
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I'll be glad to send you a bottle but I REALLY think it would be a crime to throw this stuff into Rum Runners!

No, when I get the "select" rums I make the rum runners with real fruit!;) Trust me on this one!

Party on and stay safe!
Mango Mike
Time and pressure will always show you who a person really is!

Anything from Cuba is illeagle to bring in the country as far as I know. Hence the extreme price on Cuban Cigars. I brought some Cuban rum back from Coast Rica, but I simply took the labels off. That's the easiest way.

As for tasty rums here, try Pyrat XO Reserve. at $30 a bottle, it's by far the best "Sipping Rum" I've tasted. (unless you can afford the $350 "Cask 23")If you are really into Rums, pm me, I have tried a lot and could give some suggestions.

Rum is my favorite poison. I don't drink it all that often though. I save it for nights when it's time to really "Throw the panties on the stage." LOL Never gotten into the expensive stuff. I'll have to give it a try now that I am on a differen't financial strata! B|

It just says it's a hazardous material and must be packaged properly. Right along with B.O.B. and other battery operated devices. :D

Dude - just throw the BOB's away and get new ones once you get back... :P;)
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I stopped by the Haji liquor store here in the Green Zone the other day. I picked up a LARGE bottle of Bacardi. I noticed when I bought it that it's Cuban rum. I figured it wouldn't be any differen't than the normal stuff but damn was I wrong! ;)

That's interesting. Bacardi was made in Santiago de Cuba back in the pre-Castro days, but then moved their operation to Puerto Rico after the Batista regime fell.

Are you sure that it was made in Cuba, as opposed to just being advertised as Cuban-style rum?

Now I'm wondering if Bacardi has moved back to Cuba, or if you had the freaking incredible good fortune to stumble across a bottle that's been sitting around in storage since the 1950s! (If the latter, let's talk about getting more!!!! No wonder it would be smooth!)