unlucky1

Alaska is cookin.....ahhhhhhh.

That is right...Alaska has hit in the 70's! I know that you all probably live somewhere warm already, but this is great. This just means that Skydiving season has started again ! ! ! ! Yahoo ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! It was 74 degrees in Wasilla today, supposed to be around 65 to 70 all weekend. Gonna get my first jumps of the season in on Saturday if all goes well.! ! ! !
BLue skies,
and Semper Fi's

That is right...Alaska has hit in the 70's! I know that you all probably live somewhere warm already, but this is great. This just means that Skydiving season has started again ! ! ! ! Yahoo ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! It was 74 degrees in Wasilla today, supposed to be around 65 to 70 all weekend. Gonna get my first jumps of the season in on Saturday if all goes well.! ! ! !
BLue skies,
and Semper Fi's

I'm glad to hear that. I'm leaving on an Alaskan Cruise in July.

Too bad you won't be in town for the Boogie. I've jumped in 20 states and so far, the best scenery by far. The jump plane flies around mountain peaks on the way to altitude. Make sure you try to get up this way if you can...
blue skies,
John

I'd really like to. Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to have the time. I'm planning on getting to Seattle 2 days before the cruise so I may get a chance to pop up to Snohomish for a few jumps.

you are not gonna come up???? You know how nice it is up here..... best kept secret. I was in Ohio last week and was hoping to get a coupla jumps in over the weekend, but we had 18 inches of snow just 2 days after it was in the 80's ! People seem to think that Alaska is a cold and desolate place. They don't realize that we have a lot better weather than some places in the lower 48. Hell...we had half the snowfall as Ohio this year and the temps pretty much stayed around the 20's to 30's. Can't beat that.....unless of course, you are living someplace tropical. I will be sure I tell them hello for you.
Blue skies and Semper Fi's,
JOHN

Yep, the glacier is still here. Quite a few of them. The glacier in question is Colony Glacier and Knik Glacier on the other side of the lake. That is the COOLEST jump ever ! You haven't seen a beautiful jump until you've done that one ! I'll be looking for you BIll !
Blue Skies and Semper Fi's

I've jumped in 20 states and so far, the best scenery by far.

No doubt...........the first time I ever laid eyes on Alaska was when we threw up the troop door on a C-17. It was a nice few after a 10 hour ride from Charleston, SC. It was beautiful day for a jump. In the 80's............chrystal clear blue sky. Nicest landing I ever had under a round too. Tundra is perfect for jumping rounds. :D

There are thousands and thousands of glaciers in Alaska. There are several within a 10 or 15 minute plane ride from the DZ. No road trip necessary. The glacier we jump at is Colony Glacier on the other side of Knik Glacier. Its only a 20 minute hop. And you would never believe the scenery on the way to the glacier jump ! The pilot flies his Cessna wings about 20 feet from the peaks of mountaintops ! There are no words to describe it. It would be in your best interest to come to the Solstice Boogie one time and do the Glacier jump. You will not be dissappointed.

It's been snowing off and on for two days here in Montana. I need to move someplace warm like Alaska. You're right Wasilla is a really neat place. I worked in Palmer after graduating from High School in "69".

I should have stayed up there.
Back then they used to jump in Anchorage. I can't make it to your Boogie this year, but maybe next....Steve1

Would like to spend one whole year in Alaska sometime.

Uh huh... Riiiiiiiggghhhttttt

You know that beautiful midnight sun thing.... add 6 months to that and check out the noon day DARK...but the Northern Lights are awsum..... if you dont freeze to death watching them;) One winter up there was enuff to cure me.... then again we camped out a lot at the " Cool School".

The pilot flies his Cessna wings about 20 feet from the peaks of mountaintops !

I do not!! I'm always no less than the FAR prescribed minimum!!

Ever fly over the peaks East of Eagle River, when you're climbing to altitude? I went sheep hunting back in there, in "69". Beautiful damn country. That was when Eagle River was just a wide spot in the road. Nothing like it is now. I often think of that area. I've got to get back up to Alaska....Steve1