gravityizsexy

This post died with my concern...

Your avatar sure didn't look like you weigh 140-ish...

Haha you can tell a person's weight from a picture of their face? You should work at a carnival, you'd make a killing!!!:P

-That's not his only avatar, newb...:D:D
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Anyhow, can you clarify that point? Are you still on student status? What DZ do you jump at? -I just keep notes for myself for later on when I do start touring around...which DZ's do what. Helps me decide if I would want to risk my life there or not.

I could clear that up.... but ummm...... yeah, I'm not going to. Here's a simple fix, unionize a collective of DZO's, start validating people's jump numbers with their wingloads, blacklist them from whatever load you'll be on, then come to Italy and tell my coach she's out of her mind... no offense.... it would just help me decide whether or not I should take your advice or my instructors, I'll even take a look at what names you guys come up with and keep a watchful eye for them.

"'Someday is not a day in my week'"

Anyhow, can you clarify that point? Are you still on student status? What DZ do you jump at? -I just keep notes for myself for later on when I do start touring around...which DZ's do what. Helps me decide if I would want to risk my life there or not.

I could clear that up.... but ummm...... yeah, I'm not going to. Here's a simple fix, unionize a collective of DZO's, start validating people's jump numbers with their wingloads, blacklist them from whatever load you'll be on, then come to Italy and tell my coach she's out of her mind... no offense.... it would just help me decide whether or not I should take your advice or my instructors, I'll even take a look at what names you guys come up with and keep a watchful eye for them.

Sounds simple enough, right?

|>.<|
Seriously, W.T.F. mate?

Take your AFFI's advice. She knows you and your jump history better than any of us. Good luck.

The whole reason I got the spectre was because it seems to be pretty popular for jumpers just off student status with from what I've seen, have the best reviews from openings, response, and landings... which is all I need. I remember when I didn't know much about the science of canopies, Skymama took a chunk outta me because I told her I was looking for a stiletto, she chewed me out for my stupidity, after that, I studied and did my research... figured a spectre was a good buy for me, so I bought it!
I don't mean to be a ass, but don't sugarcoat your post when your flat out telling me I'm not welcome on your load. I've been to many DZ's, most of which run up and down the US eastern seaboard.. and I'm not stopping there. So if you see me, (you'll get that cognitive feeling and it will probably be me if you get it) either get on the plane or don't. I don't care anymore.

I weigh 140lbs... 5'8-9 skinny as hell.

In the end YOU have to make the call.
But please listen to your peers, and listen to your own voice.
I began jumping a Sabre 170, at about 20 jumps with and exit weight of about 190.(do the math) I did the best. Before you know it I was crankin 270's ans surfing my ass off. (if you can do that w/ a 170)
the I decided I needed to go faster at about 270 jumps. Put around 35 jumps on a cobalt 135, but I thought it was too "touchy"
Then I found a Nitro 120 (which Im still jumping).
I loved it, It has surf for days (for me). But as time wore on people kept telling me I was too close, too low, too aggresssive, and overloaded.
The friday before WFFC 2003 I hooked it low, and was very lucky. I only shattered my left ankle. Check me out on the WFFC video, very early on, w/ my left foot up and my crutches. I had to have surgery. I cant run long distances any more like I used to.
I still jump that canopy, but I have a newfound respect for it. I only sorry i learned the hard way.

The above is my story. and no less.
As a fellow skydiver, I ask you to please be careful.

"THE GROUND IS HARD, AND IT WILL HURT YOU!"
-Mark Gerlach
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

anyone know what Im talking about???

I don't really think anyone knows what your talking about. Are you talking about how people resent that you have new gear? About people being concerned about your canopy and jump numbers? Or about something else entirely?
How can you expect people to understand your situation when the issue that is troubling you is unclear. People are just giving responses to what they think is going on. You can clearly see that responses are all over the place. Ask a question without sarcasm (which is hard to understand when written) and contempt and maybe a more positive discussion can arise from your situation.

I don't mean to be a ass, but don't sugarcoat your post when your flat out telling me I'm not welcome on your load.

Sweetie you could be the greatest guy around, but I have boundaries that I don't have a right to cross for my family's sake. I do know that I would not get on a load with you...sorry, nothing personal. You might be the reincarnation of one of the greatest skydivers that ever lived, but I won't take that chance. If your experience level and wing is cool with you and your instructor, you go on and have fun, you just won't do it on a load with me. ;) I need to feel comfortable with everyone that is sharing that patch o' air with me...and like I said, you may handle that set-up like a champ, but I'm not betting my kids' future without a mom on it, friend. -Hey, if it makes you feel better, I'd think somebody had a screw loose if they invited me on a freefly...I don't 'do' vertical. :SB|

Don't worry anyhow, I'm not jumping any more. You won't ever run into me. :P

I weigh 140lbs... 5'8-9 skinny as hell.

Rock on. I wish I was 5'8" and skinny. :ph34r:

-Oh, and as far as sugar-coating it, yeah I was. I thought it would be more polite than saying "I would fucking take the day off before getting in a plane with you at this moment in life." :D:) It's all about acceptable risk, skinny guy...that is not acceptable for me, that's all. ;)B|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

I need to feel comfortable with everyone that is sharing that patch o' air with me...

That I can totally understand... and couldn't agree with you more... it's kind of the same for me, if things feel edgy or not right, even in the car ride... I don't jump, so I think I know where your comming from.

Don't worry anyhow, I'm not jumping any more. You won't ever run into me. :P

Sucks, you seem pretty down to earth...would've liked to meet you, mebbe split a couple :D:D:D with ya, since the sky is out of the question. :(

I bought new gear for my first rig... and I don't imagine I'll outgrow it too soon...

I can put a canopy as small as a 135 in my current rig... and if I adhere to all the advice I've recieved in regarding to downsizing that should last me for a few years at least.
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Skymama took a chunk outta me because I told her I was looking for a stiletto, she chewed me out for my stupidity, after that, I studied and did my research...

LOL...if only my kids would listen to my advice like you did.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon