StevePhelps

How to get rid of swallows???

Marry her. No more swallows!

LOL...thank-you, I was wondering if anyone else was thinking the way I was. Birds were not the first thing that came to mind when I read that thread title! :ph34r:
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I'm assuming you are talking Barn Swallows? Mine just showed back up. They have 2 nest under our porch. They make a mess but its easy to clean up and they eat lots of bugs.

If you want them to move, take 1/2 coconut and nail it up somewhere you will tolerate them. They will use that for their nest next year - maybe.

I have one barn swallow that will swoop me while i'm in the yard. It has yet to attack me.:S

j
Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Steve, others have posted similar things, but at the dz, the owners put up some silver mylar ribbon around the eves. It sways with the wind and is reflective, it seems to keep them away.:)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I have barn swallows all over the area where I live. I see them flying in those unpredicable zig-zagging paths chasing down bugs in the air. The only problem I've had with them is one of them will fly down into the chimney, and are not able to get out. This has happened 8 times in 5 years. I never would have known they were in the fireplace (which has glass doors) if I didn't have cats that make a beeline to the fireplace doors looking in, with tails thrashing about. ;) When I see that, I gather the cats up and put them in another room with the door shut, then open the fireplace doors and root around until the swallow flies out. Then its flying around the living room, foyer, dining room, sometimes hanging on the ceiling or something, and it takes a good bit of time coaxing it out the front door. A couple times I got lucky when it flew right into my abdomen and hung there on my shirt. :S

We have bats flying around at dusk too, but luckily none of them have gotten into the fireplace... I have been meaning to get a rain-shield and screen for the top of the flue to keep rain and birds out, but never seem to get around to it... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Use a real snake next time. That'll surprise 'em.

I fed a baby bird to my snake once. >:(

I remember that thread! :D

..and I picked the baby bird up gently, coaxed it back to life and then... I fed it to my python.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?