justaflygirl

My new hood rings

make sure there stainless steal and not plated or anything like that...that can be bad stuff. what kind of ring do you have on there now? captive bead or a screw on beaded ring?

Not really sure, if its a screw on or captive. I havent messed with it much in that sense. LOL

It looks like a captive tho.

My two new ones are surgical stainless steel, that I made sure of....

if it's a captive...a good set of pliers will do the trick...line the new one up with the old one as you thread it out and the other in...try to not let the hole get closed...it will cause less discomfort getting the new one in...them...umm..bit's down yonder can be a bit touchy to trauma...;);)

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

I like the first one, the cbr with the purple ball. It's you. :)

And I offer my assistance if you want help changing it. We'll figure it out... even if we have to work at it all night! :P :) :ph34r:

Blue skies,
-Jeffrey

edit: Actually, now I don't know if I understand the difference between a captive ball ring and a screw-on one. I haven't really seen the manner in which these things are closed up once they're inserted. I thought that the ball is threaded and so is the tip of the ring, so that they screw together and the ball moves across to bridge the gap in the ring. Can someone set us all straight about it please?

-Jeffrey
-Jeffrey
"With tha thoughts of a militant mind... Hard line, hard line after hard line!"

I love the way you say 'bits down yonder'.

I am a big fan of the 'bits down yonder'...

except when it's some crack whore who's delivering there kid on me...then i'm NOT a big fan of them bits...B|B|B|B|

I try not to be too crude...;)

:D:D:D:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

found some on sale for 1.99 and a friend convinced me to buy them...

below are the pics....:P

ya'll let me know which one you like! Also I have never cahnged it, I have had it for a year now, so any advice would be great!

Honestly, if you are worried about changing out the ring- go back to your piercer- they will usually change it for free (or if you didnt buy the new jewlery from them, it might cost a few bucks) but its pretty much a gauranteed easy changeout. Good luck

The sole intention, is learning to fly.Condition grounded, but determined to try.Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies.Tongue tied and twisted, just an Earth bound misfit.

I'd be concerned about the bits with color on them.
Ive been told that you should stick to strictly stainless steel. Especially there.
Ask youre piercer if you have any sort of relationship with them.

As for the jewlry.... Im a CBR fan myself.
or curved barbells. (but thats just MY preference) ;)
Goddam dirty hippies piss me off! ~GFD
"What do I get for closing your rig?" ~ me
"Anything you want." ~ female skydiver
Mohoso Rodriguez #865

I tried having a ring before on my piercing but I found when I was playing around...excuse me when I was in a relationship playing around...it would rotate and when you get some bump and grind action on something turning like it hurts. You get what I am saying though?

That was years ago..I've had a barbell for about 5 years now and never had a complaint yet. ;)

Jeff,

In a captive-bead setup, the bead is held between the two points by pressure. The ends are slightly pointy, and there are two small dimples (for lack of a better word) on the bead itself.

I have 14ga niobium rings in my ears with hematite beads. To remove them, I just pop the bead out (after much cursing and pressure) and then slide the hoop out of my ear.

Works the same for all CBR types.

And now you know....and knowing is half the battle.:ph34r:
Sky, Muff Bro, Rodriguez Bro, and
Bastion of Purity and Innocence!™