Bouda

A total WTF car show

I soooo need a car with a front porch and pipes that'll ding on overpasses. You're just not cool without all that bullshit on your car, and I thought the ricers in the US were bad...wow!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

> I soooo need a car with a front porch and pipes that'll ding on
>overpasses. You're just not cool without all that bullshit on your car, and
>I thought the ricers in the US were bad...wow!

Eh, no different than lift kits, ground effects, neon underbody lights, big truck tires, straight pipes etc that you see here. They think it's cool.

The difference is, a lift kit and larger tires have a point and purpose. You try to go do any sort of real offroading in a stock vehicle. Its not a "its cool thing" its a what I enjoy doing thing, that's the gear you need to go do it with.

As for straight pipes, I have those on my bike for my personal safety. Loud pipes really do save lives.

Ground effects and neon underbody lights I agree...pretty pointless.:P

> The difference is, a lift kit and larger tires have a point and purpose.

Right, and if you talk to those people, they all have a purpose too. Those effects and wings? It's to keep the car on the road at very high speeds. Those pipes? Their length is tuned to maximize power (and they sound really cool too.)

Everyone likes their own mods. Chippers play with the electronics to get more power than they will ever need. Off-roaders put in lifts that make their trucks more unstable on the roads they drive on 99.9% of the time. Rodders add effects that probably do more harm than good, but they like them. And even guys with loud pipes get pissed off when someone keeps flashing their brights at them. (Flashing brights save lives!)

Of course, the ones who really _are_ right are the retailers that sell all this stuff to car enthusiasts.

Right, and if you talk to those people, they all have a purpose too. Those effects and wings? It's to keep the car on the road at very high speeds. Those pipes? Their length is tuned to maximize power (and they sound really cool too.)

Right, that's why the real racers have HUGE wings and HUGELY long pipes on their very fast road racers. Atleast the real offroad pro's use the same lifts and same tires as the rest of us (basically).

And even guys with loud pipes get pissed off when someone keeps flashing their brights at them. (Flashing brights save lives!)

Around here a bright flashing means a couple of things, including "go ahead" which could kill you on a bike.[:/]

Of course, the ones who really _are_ right are the retailers that sell all this stuff to car enthusiasts.

Naw, the ones that are right are the folks that fabricrate what they want.:D

Here, take a look at the handlebars and sissy bar I fabricated.B|

I still think they're all faked. I've seen websites with tips on digitally "ricing" cars, and these show all the usual techniques... lowering, different wheels, tinted windows, graphics applied, bumpers from other cars, etc. It's funner to go the other way though. Take one of those cars and make it look normal in photoshop. Much harder to do. :P

These look pretty convincing but there's something just not quite natural about them. Lots of signs of photoshop.

Dave

The difference is, a lift kit and larger tires have a point and purpose. You try to go do any sort of real offroading in a stock vehicle. Its not a "its cool thing" its a what I enjoy doing thing, that's the gear you need to go do it with.

As for straight pipes, I have those on my bike for my personal safety. Loud pipes really do save lives.

Ground effects and neon underbody lights I agree...pretty pointless.:P

not when you live in the city

Look what i made at work today mom!! Put it on the fridge
http://www.bouda.moonfruit.com