panzwami

is this normal?

So a good friend of mine is getting married in a few months. She's pretty hyped about the whole thing, and is already running all over town to get everything in order (normal?).

Thing is, the guy (whom I already want to hit on the head with a tackhammer) is completely uninvolved. Now I understand that wedding arrangements have typically been the purview of the female half of the equation, but I mean this guy is NONEXISTANT.

So it this normal?

I have a friend who is getting married in a few months.

Same thing he is not involved at all. Mainly because his Girl and her mother want every thing there way as most woman will. It is their day.

So I say yes it is normal and I hope that’s the case if/when I get married. Because if it was up to me I would elope.
I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." - Kurt Cobain

I think it is pretty normal. Personally, I was really excited about the whole event and wanted to be involved. I think I helped a good deal, but my now wife still did the majority of the work. Girls think about that day from the time they are very little and think of all the details, so I think it comes kinda naturally. Guys spend little or no time thinking about that day. But that deosn't mean he can't help and run around getting things done too.

I'm afraid so. It's just obvious some guys aren't really interested in the wedding planning - they just want to show up for the event.

I'll add my .02 to this situation. Personally, for my wedding, I don't want to have much involvment. It's not because I don't care, and it's not because I'm lazy. Here's why....

First off, most girls were planning their weddings since age 6, when we, guys, were busy throwing mud balls and finding ways to pick our noses without people seeing. I'd want her wedding to be exactly how she wanted it, even if I had to wear a pink tux with golden shoes. I'd want it to be perfect for her, and I wouldn't want to change anything about it.

Second, and most importantly, I'm excited about the marriage, not the wedding.

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

Come on. You don't want a straight dude planning a wedding. Example 1: do you want the groom selecting the wedding dress and bridesmaid dresses? He'd budget a couple hundred bucks for it. Rent the damned thing, even.

Example 2: Do you want the dude planning the floral arrangements? Probably not. Dudes don't dig on the flowers much.

Example 3: Do you want the dude working on the table settings? I can't imagine a dude caring much about the butterfly name tags.

The women worry and plan out the weddings and the guys are just along for the ride.

The groom plans out the wedding night!!!;)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My wedding day was one of the best days of my life, and I think it was because I was so involved. We took what she wanted, what I wanted, and what we thought our quests would want to make a beautiful and enjoyably time for everyone. I had such a blast at my wedding and truly felt as if it was MY day too. It was a celebration and I was happy to be part of the planning. I couldn't disagree more with "it is her day." It was OUR day and OUR day to celebrate with friends and family. I think if guys took more time to be involved and excited about the day when you are publicly commiting your life to the girl of your dreams and sharing that day with your closest friends and family, there would be much less of the attitude that it is HER day and they don't care what happens.

they just want to show up for the event.

In this case I don't even know if that's true. Maybe that's why this is so irritating, although that's a different conversation altogether.

I just care a lot about this girl and know how much this means to her and how much it kills her that he doesn't seem to care. Oh well.

[/vent]

My wedding day was one of the best days of my life, and I think it was because I was so involved. We took what she wanted, what I wanted, and what we thought our quests would want to make a beautiful and enjoyably time for everyone. I had such a blast at my wedding and truly felt as if it was MY day too. It was a celebration and I was happy to be part of the planning. I couldn't disagree more with "it is her day." It was OUR day and OUR day to celebrate with friends and family. I think if guys took more time to be involved and excited about the day when you are publicly commiting your life to the girl of your dreams and sharing that day with your closest friends and family, there would be much less of the attitude that it is HER day and they don't care what happens.

Well said. :)

Wrong Way
D #27371 Mal Manera Rodriguez Cajun Chicken Ø Hellfish #451
The wiser wolf prevails.

It is clear that you and I are pretty different. Heck, my lady is just starting to allow me to dress myself.B| In talking about our wedding, I want a barbecue, a few kegs and some live music.

She's not too keen on my ideas...

My wife is hotter than your wife.