GARYC24

Lotto ticket purchasing?

I spent $10 on lottery tickets once. :P

I very rarely buy lottery tickets. When I do it's always $5 worth and only when the jackpot has gotten huge. I don't think of it as $5 worth of chances to win, but rather $5 for the chance to dream for a few days. For that reason, I never buy lottery tickets on the day before or the day of the drawing...not enough return on my investment. :D

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I spend a buck a draw, quick pick, cash option. Just for fun. B|

I'd perhaps think of a more productive way to invest your earnings though...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

Being in a non-lottery state completely surrounded by lottery states, I have on occasion bought tickets when crossing the Georgia state line on my way somewhere east or back home...

$20.00 was the most I spent at one time. I've only won a total of $5.00... so I really don't bother with it much.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Dude, learn to play texas hold-em. . .the return on investment is better. . .
FGF #6
Darcy

What's the most anyone has ever bought?

I'm not someone who usually plays the lotto, but I have bought $100 worth of tickets for me. twice. my company gives a $100 bonus in cash for x-mas every year, and since I have no real use for that extra cash (meaning a luxury I wouldn't buy anyway), I figure I'll either piss it away, or get rich trying. the first year I did that, I wound up winning about $30, just enough to cover the taxes I paid on the bonus. the second time, I won around $30 as well, but I re-invested back into the lotto, and I still have tickets to go back and re-invest. either it will be all gone, or I win.

I was in PA last year, and I saw a $10 ticket. I was so impressed with the extravagence of it, I bought one, and won 20. that is my biggest lotto winning so far.

don't ask me how much I bet in vegas, but I have bought a cypres with winnings from 1 hour at a blackjack table:ph34r:.

The odds of winning the Power Ball are 1 in 120,526,770. That's a .000000008927 chance of winning with one ticket.

So even if you make a lot of money say $50,000 per MONTH and you skipped paying taxes and bought all the tickets you could purchase, 50,000. Your odds would still be .0004148 if every ticket you bought was different. I don't know exactly how the random number generator for the quick picks work, but I bet the randomness is nowhere near the ratio of winning. Which means you would have to fill out all 50,000 by hand. Now if you're really quick and can do 6 cards per minute. It would take you 139 hours to fill out the cards. If you reduced your sleep to 5 hours per day and only stopped working 1 hour per day to eat, $hit, drink, etc. It would still take you almost 8 days to fillout the entries.

And to top it all off, only because the large amount currently accumulated ($155Million) your payback would only be 3100 times what you risked where your odds of winning are 1 in 2411. Which is only now slighty better than betting black or red on a roulette wheel.

Lottery is only a tax for people that are bad at math.

The odds of winning the Power Ball are 1 in 120,526,770. That's a .000000008927 chance of winning with one ticket.

So even if you make a lot of money say $50,000 per MONTH and you skipped paying taxes and bought all the tickets you could purchase, 50,000. Your odds would still be .0004148 if every ticket you bought was different. I don't know exactly how the random number generator for the quick picks work, but I bet the randomness is nowhere near the ratio of winning. Which means you would have to fill out all 50,000 by hand. Now if you're really quick and can do 6 cards per minute. It would take you 139 hours to fill out the cards. If you reduced your sleep to 5 hours per day and only stopped working 1 hour per day to eat, $hit, drink, etc. It would still take you almost 8 days to fillout the entries.

And to top it all off, only because the large amount currently accumulated ($155Million) your payback would only be 3100 times what you risked where your odds of winning are 1 in 2411. Which is only now slighty better than betting black or red on a roulette wheel.

I guess you're not getting taxed. ;)

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

What's the most anyone has ever bought?

I'm not someone who usually plays the lotto, but I have bought $100 worth of tickets for me. twice. my company gives a $100 bonus in cash for x-mas every year, and since I have no real use for that extra cash (meaning a luxury I wouldn't buy anyway), I figure I'll either piss it away, or get rich trying. the first year I did that, I wound up winning about $30, just enough to cover the taxes I paid on the bonus. the second time, I won around $30 as well, but I re-invested back into the lotto, and I still have tickets to go back and re-invest. either it will be all gone, or I win.

I was in PA last year, and I saw a $10 ticket. I was so impressed with the extravagence of it, I bought one, and won 20. that is my biggest lotto winning so far.

don't ask me how much I bet in vegas, but I have bought a cypres with winnings from 1 hour at a blackjack table:ph34r:.

Consider it an excise tax on stupidity.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

I heard the best line from a radio reporter (John Mantone) regarding a MegaMillion prize. He said:
"Your chances of buying a ticked and actually winning are just slightly better than not buying a ticket at all"
Inveniam Viam aut Faciam
I'm back biatches!

The odds of winning the "Powerball" jackpot is about the same as your odds of being struck by lightning twice and surviving. But, I still buy them!!
For my part, I know nothing with any certainty,
But the sight of the stars makes me dream.
-Vincent Van Gogh