ChasingBlueSky

What "old" bands have you just discovered?

2) Old Rod Stewart, back when he did his own songs instead of covering everyone else's

Check out some of Rod's work with Jeff Beck Group on Truth and Beck-Ola, which were Rod's introduction to North America. Jeff Beck is one of my favourite guitarists.

His first three solo albums were all great:

The Rod Stewart Album,
Gasoline Alley and
Every Picture Tells a Story

Shortly thereafter, he went disco and Hollywood (Do Ya Think I'm Sexy) and became a crooner :(
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

Is it me or did that guy's voice smooth out over the years. Maybe all that air through the windpipes eroded the rusty ten penny nails. that was one pissed off frog in that voice:D

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Well, I didn't just "discover" them, but I just got another chance to see Van Halen live. Never thought I'd get a chance to see them again. Dug out all the old Van Halen music and got the Best of Both Worlds CDs. They're still one of my favorites and Eddy has still got it.

Blues,
Nathan
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

I just "rediscovered" Family with Roger Chapman - MAN what a voice, bought a box set off ebay and he rocks
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

according to nick cave nick drake is _the_best B|

from time to time i have this mood where i dwell into my vinyls - got to love the crackling of dust & well earned scratches

when i'm really moody i'll listen to frank sinatra - god this guy could sing!

various other old stuff i'm into:
james brown
frank zappa
miles davies
al green
billie holiday
nina simone

ah the list is just to long

just keep on swingin..... :)
The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

wellk for what its worth I always cycle back tot the basics.
jimi
zep
alice cooper
floyd

is was a simpler, yet more indepth music then whats out nowadays.

i bet if I was born in that era I may not appreciate it as much as I do now
My photos

My Videos

I got to see Cream perform live!

And you might be able to again.

Which lead me to remember Blind faith and Stevie Winwood....and Spencer Davis Group's "Gimme Some Lovin'" with Stevie on vocals...one of my favourite songs of the 60's.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

And you might be able to again.

Yes, but in 1967 it was at my college end-of-year ball with all of 300 people in attendance. I don't think a mega concert in the Albert Hall will be quite so, well, intimate somehow.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

It took me decades to hunt down a band called "Babe Ruth", and I finally got a compilation CD last year. Thank heaven for the Internet!

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Old but not forgotten.
WISHBONE ASH.

"Everything old is new again."
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Too Fast For Love has some original tracks that were put on the EP that was released under Leathur records. Toast of the Town was one of them which happens to be one of my favorite songs.

Ok, after you mentioned this (however long ago???) I finally got the "Too Fast For Love" CD today, which includes several unreleased tunes... including "Toast of the Town" - I'm really liking that song too. There is also a video included of "Live Wire" and I can't say that I mind watching the boys in their cute little leather outfits. :$>:( Nice CD... I love Motley Crue's first two albums, and I'm loving the extra tracks on the CDs. :)

Some of us were around when the "old" bands were new.

Bless you Kallend ! Never saw Cream, or Jimi, or The Doors, but I did see Janis when I was 13 years old. $4.50 for a 3rd row seat ! Shredded my 8th grade mind beyond repair. By 1970 I'd also seen the Jefferson Airplane and the Grateful Dead. The Dead were still in their twenties, played in a small college basketball gym and dosed the audience with jugs of electric apple cider. Then they played 'til 3:30 in the morning. I was just 15 and was so totally grounded for the rest of the year (Thanksgiving 'til Xmas).

Also saw Cab Calloway, just months before he died. He was recovering from a broken hip and had to stay seated on a barstool while he led his band. But he was still swingin' and dancin' on that barstool and the whole theater was roaring the choruses of "Minnie the Moocher".

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !