skydiverbc

bartending question

If you want first class training that will set you up forever, work for a hotel or cruise chain that also trains and pays while training. I worked for Holiday Inn when I started and they paid me to taste everything in the bar on the first day. They made me practice shots and gave me an approach system that I use to this day. Never fail. I learned more there than any place. The people skills were useful at fine hotels and 5***** places as well as lowkey taverns. Just my opinion. :)

"online course for bartending and got my certificate"
Certified by whom?

Anyway, I worked as a bartender for a while in LA. The pace was very fast and it was the typical bar scene. If you want experience quickly find a trendy/busy place and dive in. These places usually have a high turnover and are always looking for help.

-------
D.T. Holder
SIMstudy

I tended bar for aprox 3yrs, you want a gig where you can rake in the tips...
Restuarant, Nightclub, Cruiseship (dinner/harbor/party/cruise), private parties ect...

My friday and saturday night tips financed all my student/solo jumps, I worked a tourist trap, 'San Diego Harbor Exscursions', working either the bar on the docks or aboard ship.
$150. - $200. was average for fri/sat on a avrg 5hr shift, not shabby.

ChileRelleno-Rodriguez Bro#414
Hellfish#511,MuffBro#3532,AnvilBro#9, D24868

One of the best bartenders I know in Sydney doesn't drink.

He's taken a taste of each kind of liquor, and he's excellent at making up cocktails; he understands flavours. No reason a non-drinker can't tend bar.

Interesting. I suppose that'd work, I could taste and just spit it out or something.

BTW, where in Syd? I'm an former Eastern Suburbs kid B|
cavete terrae.

The guy in question works in the Trinity, in Surry Hills, on the corner of Crown & Devonshire Sts.

Though originally Irish, I'm currently living in Erskineville. Squeak is a former Sydney boy too!

Actually, thinking more about the non-drinking bartender, I could see management being a big fan. No more sneaking drinks, turning up hungover, or any of that kinda crap...