windcatcher

What to do in SoCal when not jumping?

If all works out, I should be coming to SoCal within the next month, maybe even in a few weeks. Obviously Nate and I are gonna hit up Skydive San Diego, Perris and ElsinoreB|; but since it will be my first time in California, near San Diego, what should I do during the week?
I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother to the cutest little thing in the world...

I'll show you Cali, dont worry... I know of plunty of things to do out here when we dont feel like jumping, and dont worry about the jump $ it's covered. ;)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

Mexico baby.

ooooooh, good idea! :)

Lots of fun to be had in Mexico. But a few pointers.

If you drive over, make sure you have insurance. If you have never been there, I suggest taking a taxi, learn the streets first by walking them rather then getting a ticket that could be very expensive.

If you see something you want to buy, talk the seller down. Don't take the first price they say.

Don't drink the water.

Just keep walking when one of the vendors is trying to sell you something.

Have fun, I love Mexico.
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

Nate--you are such an awesome buddy!!!!!!!!!!!! B| We are gonna have a blast!!! :)
and flyangel, thanks for the tips. I went to Acapulco once to help out with an orphanage there, and I learned to ignore vendors and also talk them down to a cheaper price.

well, I will be there longer than a week, so Nate and I are gonna hafta find something else to do when we can't jump silly:P. Maybe there's a cool rock climbing gym or something

.....or the beach. a gym? bleh! you can do that at home. actually, i'm pretty sure there's REAL rock climbing near perris, isn't there? but if you have the money, i'd spend it jumping.. or at the tunnel... they send up loads like crazy!:)
*sigh* i wanna go. are you going to rent a car? (i hitchhiked--ok, not really tee hee hee.. thanks ladonna!) where are you flying into? i usually fly into john wayne because my family in del mar, but got to see sandiego for the first time last jan! weeeeee have tons of fun!!!!!!
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

Oh my dear Wind Catcher!!!

Such a name! Southern California has so much to experience. From simply laying as is, and just watching the clouds change their shape, to the most extravagent of events...it is all at your fingertips!

Mexico...yeah. San Diego...hmmm let me know if you're going and I can introduce ya!

SoCal...hmm there's always L.A. If not there's driving up PCH...go wine tasting! Hikes all throughout southern CA. Layout!

The women and men are gorgeous! Hmm so why did I leave? Oh yeah...I liked to sun bathe nekkid!

Actually Hawai'i is just beautiful...that is it!!!

Oh my dear Wind Catcher!!!

Such a name! Southern California has so much to experience. From simply laying as is, and just watching the clouds change their shape, to the most extravagent of events...it is all at your fingertips!

Mexico...yeah. San Diego...hmmm let me know if you're going and I can introduce ya!

SoCal...hmm there's always L.A. If not there's driving up PCH...go wine tasting! Hikes all throughout southern CA. Layout!

The women and men are gorgeous! Hmm so why did I leave? Oh yeah...I liked to sun bathe nekkid!

Actually Hawai'i is just beautiful...that is it!!!

but since it will be my first time in California,

Unless I missed it, I can't believe no one hit on this...BEER!!!!!!!!!! Whatever you do in SoCal, it sounds like 3 DZs are getting beer (unless that's a southeast thing...and I hope not!)

Have fun regardless...went there for the first time in '99. Wasn't jumping then, but still had fun just being the southern boy checking out the LA area.
AJ aka Sonic A-Hole
Sonic Beef #93
"Thaaaaaat's Right!"

Don't know if its the kind of thing you'd be interested in but there is a kick ass little wild life refuge in tucked away in Chula Vista. I lived there for like 3 years before I found out about it. Its on E street on the west side of I-5. I think its like 5 bucks to get in and you could easily spend an afternoon there.

I'm sure this has been mentioned but there is also the word famous San Diego zoo.

Enjoy San Diego and tell everyone at Otay hi for me. I sure do miss that DZ...

A thunder of jets in a clear blue sky, a streak of gray and a cheerful "Hi"

Balboa Park is great with all the museums(cars, air and space, natural history... Not sure if it still happens, but every Tuesday one museum is free.
Reuben H. Fleet Science Center is there also. Cool exhibits with Imax theatre.
Hotel Del Coronado has great beach with fun history/photos of the area. Lots of movies made there.
Seaport Village is a tourist trap in downtown. But it is a nice place to see the bay.
Night life in the gaslamp district is a hoot. Great food and clubs. Can be pricey.
Visit my Auntie in Chula Juana. She loves to have people stop by and chat. The hard part is to get her to stop talking, but that's another story.:S

I moved out 8 years ago and miss it. Have fun for me,

Monkeyboy
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Hey Rosa!
As soon as I know the dates and everything, I;ll let you guys know; looking forward to meeting you all too! :)And Frenchy, I do believe you owe me a jump:|

everyone else: thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them....but I don't owe beer at those dz's, cause it's not skydiving related, right? :)