RkyMtnHigh

Truth, Love & Forgiveness Can Heal the World

Imagine if all of us could be truthful with ourselves, start forgiving everyone, and start loving everyone. We would no longer be selfish, gossiping would be over, and we would no longer judge one another. The world would become a place where all of us live in love.

Life is so precious...and short. Live every day with no regrets.

(I moved this from the Womens forum per request)

I try to do these things... I was picked on by bullies in HS (yet I hold no ill will towards my bullies...)

I'm glad you posted this here instead of the womens forum... cause I wouldn't have seen it there...

of course... there is someone here on DZ.com that would point out that "life" is the longest thing any of us will ever know... ;) but its all good...

Scott
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Everything you think, everything you do, has a consequence, andyou are going to experience the consequences of your actions in one way or another. All human beings are completely responsible for their actions, eve if they dont' want to be..Love is responsible for it's actions.

Transform your life with self love. from now on, let every action, every reaction, every thought and every emotion be based on love. Increase your self love until the entire dream of your life is transformed from fear and drama to love and joy!

Welcome to true freedom...:)

Karma can be a bitch sometimes... especially when she craps on the carpet... :ph34r::D...

So...in this case I say "just pick it up and keep moving";):D

That's pretty much what I do... :D:D:D
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Katee, sweetie, it's nice that you are in a loving mood, but I have to disagree with some of your post, and I hope that you don't take offense to anything that I am going to write.

Imagine if all of us could be truthful with ourselves, start forgiving everyone, and start loving everyone.

I don't want to love everyone. I try to respect everyone, but I usually only truly love those who love and respect me. My love would mean nothing if it were that easy to get and uniformly equal for everyone in my life.

We would no longer be selfish, gossiping would be over, and we would no longer judge one another. The world would become a place where all of us live in love.

Rky, I do think that your intentions are good, but this sounds like a big cheesefest. People don't necessarily need drama, fear, hate in our lives, but not everything has to be so black or white. It's ok if life is a little gray, sometimes. Without the ying and the yang or the good and the bad, life would be boring and bland. We are all different, and our differences are not always perfectly matched with one another. That's ok, too.

Life is so precious...and short. Live every day with no regrets.

I agree that life is short, and it's best to have no regrets with your actions. I know for myself that even my mistakes are learning experiences that I cherish and grow from. Thanks for the post, girl! :)

Maybe they can't heal the world, and maybe they can't heal your piece in it. But if it's on the path to the goal you've set, then why not go for it?

I like this story:
From Loren C. Eiseley "The Star Thrower." Harcourt Brace. 1979

As the old man walked the beach at dawn, he noticed a young man picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Catching up to the youth, he asked why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left until the morning sun. "But the beach goes on for miles and there are millions of starfish," countered the other. "How can your effort make any difference?" The young man looked at the starfish in his and threw it to safety in the waves. "It makes a difference to this one," he said.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Maybe they can't heal the world, and maybe they can't heal your piece in it. But if it's on the path to the goal you've set, then why not go for it?

I like this story:
Re: [kelel01] I need a purpose in life . . . [In reply to] Quote | Reply
I really like this one as an analogy for life in general:

As the old man walked the beach at dawn, he noticed a young man picking up starfish and flinging them into the sea. Catching up to the youth, he asked why he was doing this. The answer was that the stranded starfish would die if left until the morning sun. "But the beach goes on for miles and there are millions of starfish," countered the other. "How can your effort make any difference?" The young man looked at the starfish in his and threw it to safety in the waves. "It makes a difference to this one," he said.

Wendy W.

Nice story:)
Every good intention, every small effort does matter and makes a difference.

Since my little incident with my heart and hookin up with Chris i have been really trying to work at the 3 especially forgivness, and the more I do the better life gets acceptence to me is the hardess. I am learning to accept that I need to put my skydiving on hold,refocus my career,outlook, and the fact my body is not 18 years old anymore.
--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I really like this one as an analogy for life in general:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

f&*king starfish!! They have occasional population explosions & can devastate the clam industry.

Some not-well-informed fishermen will occasionally haul them up in their otter trawlers along with the clams. They will stupidly pull out the starfish & hack them up , not realising that each piece will grow into a new starfish, as long as it has at least 1/5 of the central disk.:o

yep, and that's actually a better illustration of how life really is.B| you can bust your ass, but if you don't know what you're doing, you just f&*k things up even more.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I think I remember seeing a cartoon about that. Was there an underwater cartoon back in the 80's with a captain and his kids crewing a submarine or something? I can remember the scene where the fishermen cut up the starfish, tossed them back, and then they regrew...

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?