hottamaly

Another earthquake!!

5.3 preliminary quake which puts it into the moderate size. One of my 5 cats took a fast lap around the house, but the other 4 just slept.

Like I said on the other eq thread, there seems to be a whole lotta shaking going on around here lately. The quake we had on Sunday morning was on the Anza fault, and it looks like this one was on the San Andreas fault. This might be an "aftershock" to the Anza quake, but seeing as it's on a different fault line, I'm guessing it's a "reaction" quake (my term: meaning the pressure was shifted from one fault to another) to Anza.

Well, time will tell. Just a good reminder to make sure the batteries, flashlights, and emergency supplies are in date and available.

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

Nice little 5.3 centered in Yucaipa.

It was pretty damn impressive only 19 miles away.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Quakes/ci14155260.htm

How far is the certer from Oxnard?

My honey & the kids rented a 172 there an hour ago...the kids will be bummed they missed it!:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

How's Penguin, Michele?

She's really doing well. She slept right through the quake. I'll get an update on her thread soon - I didn't realize people wanted to know. She's really doing well. Still standoffish, but walking around the house and getting more and more comfortable with me and the other cats. Simon has really been her emmisary, in a sense.

Thanks for asking!

Ciels-
Michele

~Do Angels keep the dreams we seek
While our hearts lie bleeding?~

you guys want to knock it off out there? i'm on my way out there next week and i don't want any earthquakes!>:(:D:D:D

Oh don't worry about it. It just makes for conversation out here. It's no different than the tornado areas of the US or the huricane areas, etc.
Let'er rip..................

Skydiving gave me a reason to live
I'm not afraid of what I'll miss when I die...I'm afraid of what I'll miss as I live

We live within a mile of the beach, so when we heard a Tsunami Watch was in effect, we dropped in on some friends who live several miles further inland and had a little Tsunami Party with Bushmills on the rocks.

What was really STUPID though, was how many radio stations simply didn't carry the warning at all. Way too complacent if you ask me.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

you guys want to knock it off out there? i'm on my way out there next week and i don't want any earthquakes!>:(:D:D:D

If you're coming out to the AB, don't worry. I'll be there.

Despite living somewhere between San Francisco and San Diego since the 70s, the only major quake that occurred near enough for me to feel was the '86 Whittier event. I'm sitting in biology and next thing I know, the entire class is under their seats. Trained like super dogs, I tell you.

What was really STUPID though, was how many radio stations simply didn't carry the warning at all.

Why do that when you can cover REALLY important news, like whose man-chowder JLo is downing now, Celebrity Rehab (the new glam thing to do) or hawking the newest blinged no-talent thug?

My wife is hotter than your wife.

My niece called from where she now lives in Michigan. She's very disappointed that she's missing the earthquakes here this week! :o

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

We live within a mile of the beach, so when we heard a Tsunami Watch was in effect...

The news is now reporting that the tsunami was real and all of 1cm tall.

ltdiver

Rockin and Rollin again. That's 3 bigger ones in 4 days. I need some ocean front property so my house worth goes up.:P

If Yucaipa's fault (San Andres) goes, then Hemet will be swimming right along with the rest of us. ;)

See San Andres (purple) Fault Line

ltdiver

NAh. Won't happen. All it will do is push Los Angeles a few yards closer to the hated Northern California. It'll only take a second, too!

Rockin and Rollin again. That's 3 bigger ones in 4 days. I need some ocean front property so my house worth goes up.:P

If Yucaipa's fault (San Andres) goes, then Hemet will be swimming right along with the rest of us. ;)

See San Andres (purple) Fault Line

ltdiver

NAh. Won't happen. All it will do is push Los Angeles a few yards closer to the hated Northern California. It'll only take a second, too!

You didn't see the documentary"Earthquake 10.5" on tv last year, did you? :|;)

ltdiver

You didn't see the documentary"Earthquake 10.5" on tv last year, did you?

Nope, I was watching Pinnochio. Get this. Some cat makes a puppet out of wood. Some hot fairy chick brings him alive!

Talking puppets! A Blue Fairy! Even a cricket who talks about dreams coming true. It was on the television, therefore I believe.:ph34r: