ACMESkydiver

Pinky and the Brain moved in, little f*ckers...

No shit. We bought 2 snap traps, and a fancy black box electric trap (mouse crawls in, and gets electrocuted).

Loaded all traps with peanut butter. The next morning, the traps, all 3, had been licked CLEAN. The electric trap was blinking green (meaning a mouse had been caught)...but NO MOUSE! The little bastards feasted for free! >:(

2nd night, we adjusted the tension so the snap traps would snap at the tiniest little touch...the next morning, all 3 traps AGAIN were unsprung, and just to spite us, the little fuckers left footprints in the peanut butter on one of the traps and ate everything off the others!! >:(>:(>:(

HERE IS THE CRAZY PART: The little bastards keep going into our silverware drawer! There is no food, no water in there...but they somehow get into that drawer every night!!! We are missing teaspoons. Fucking rodents are using cutlery. :o

Help...:(
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Ok we have established that they are eating, and they come back every night. Now you need to feed them poison/

We're trying to avoid poison, as we have kids that put everything in their mouths...and then when they die of the poison, we'll have to rip up the walls to find the little bastards' rotting carcasses. B|

It may be our only option now though. :|
~Jaye

Use to work at a hardware store that had a no fail bait. Use a little peanut butter for the smell, but a piece of JuJu fruit candy stuck on the trap. They get their teeth stuck in it and WHACK, nails them. Plus, once the deed is done, you now have a box of candy to finish for yourself.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Google mice....you want to get them quick - they spawn like crazy.

You need to use two or three types of traps when you have them - and use only a small amount of peanut butter. Snap traps are good in small areas behind your stove, fridge, etc. It is harder for them to move around and steal from them. Also, most hardware stores sell trap door traps. You place the food in the back and when they step inside it shifts the weight and the door closes. They can't get the food without closing the door. The most disgusting is the glue traps - use those only in the attack away from the kids. Also, get one of those high band emitters from the hardware store as well....once you clean the place out it should make them stay away (it worked for me). Empty your garbage every night btw.

Google mice....you want to get them quick - they spawn like crazy.

You need to use two or three types of traps when you have them - and use only a small amount of peanut butter. Snap traps are good in small areas behind your stove, fridge, etc. It is harder for them to move around and steal from them. Also, most hardware stores sell trap door traps. You place the food in the back and when they step inside it shifts the weight and the door closes. They can't get the food without closing the door. The most disgusting is the glue traps - use those only in the attack away from the kids.

yeah glue traps just seem really nasty. B| Good ideas on where to place those snap traps! And I'll go on a search for the trap door ones...

Also, get one of those high band emitters from the hardware store as well....once you clean the place out it should make them stay away (it worked for me). Empty your garbage every night btw.

-Did both of these, and no effect. :(
~Jaye

Use to work at a hardware store that had a no fail bait. Use a little peanut butter for the smell, but a piece of JuJu fruit candy stuck on the trap. They get their teeth stuck in it and WHACK, nails them. Plus, once the deed is done, you now have a box of candy to finish for yourself.

Whoa, good idea!!! I'll go buy some tasty Juju fruits tonight. :)
~Jaye

Hearing the WHACK of the trap snapping closed and actually finding the perpetrator stuck by the neck is very satisfying. :ph34r:

Does that make me a bad person?:)

Save a few of the black JuJu fruit for me.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

We had mice this past winter. Each morning my 4 and 8 year old would get up and run downstairs like it was Christmas morning just to see if we caught a mouse! (They actually thought it was neat!)

The regular traps worked for me and I did use the glue trap once and caught one.... that was the last time I did that!

Simple answer--- get a cat!! If that dosn't work get a big ass dog! the cat will do it's job. just ask my cat, no mice here!

My cats do their job just fine. They will even chase down and kill moths. :S
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

...once the deed is done, you now have a box of candy to finish for yourself.

Screw the candy...you'll have a nice juicy mouselet. Dip in water, then flour, then egg, then Italian bread crumbs. Deep fry. All things considered, do not undercook.

Well, do you want to borrouw my dogs? They don't like cats or rodents! Send me a plane ticket so I can get to Skydive Oragon, & I'll bring the dogs!

You'll be driving up to Seattle then from Oregon? :P
~Jaye

We are missing teaspoons. Fucking rodents are using cutlery.

teaspoons = cutlery:S
must be big me-cies if they are able to use teaspoons;)

SHADDUP, punk! >:(:P

Ok...LAST NIGHT we tried your suggestions, dear ones. From Juji fruit candies to isolating a little trail up to the snap trap to the new 'tip traps' that the door closes behind the rodent after it enters.

And...NOTHING!!! Not a DAMN THING!!! >:( I swear to Gawd these are mutants!! They pooped all over and around the traps, ate all of the bait, sprung the traps, and FUCKING LIVED!!!! >:(

I am so terribly pissed off right now, I need to go take a hot shower. >:(
~Jaye

Ok...LAST NIGHT we tried your suggestions, dear ones. From Juji fruit candies to isolating a little trail up to the snap trap to the new 'tip traps' that the door closes behind the rodent after it enters.

And...NOTHING!!! Not a DAMN THING!!! >:( I swear to Gawd these are mutants!! They pooped all over and around the traps, ate all of the bait, sprung the traps, and FUCKING LIVED!!!! >:(

Ahem, uh, have like, um other people seen these mouse droppings? ;)

jen
-----------------------
"O brave new world that has such people in it".

Setting off traps uninjured, stealing bait, stealing shiny stuff....

Sorry, Jaye, but this sounds much more like rats than mice.

Call an exterminator.
It's your life, live it!
RB#684 "Corcho", ASK#60, Muff#3520, NCB#398, NHDZ#4, C-33989, DG#1

Sounds like a wood rat (aka pack rat).

See The Victor Pest site. It's at the bottom.

"Also attracted to shiny objects such as glass and metals and collect small fragments of these objects giving them the nickname "pack rats".

It's a very interesting site. I found a very effective and humane snap mouse trap on their site.

Ahem, uh, have like, um other people seen these mouse droppings? ;)

jen

YES!!!!!>:(>:( My husband and children and the caregivers and everyone!!! They are REAL, I tell you!!

Now then those damn pink elephants that keep trudging across my ceiling since the 4th of July evening...well, only I see those, for some reason...:S:P
~Jaye