ladyskydiver

Define romance

I think romance can only be good if it's with someone you truly love and care about. If it's not mutual I think it seems cheesy.

But if it is mutual...

I believe that romance comes from deep inside. It's can be something as little as a kiss on the forehead, the opening of a door, the pulling out of a chair, it can be a picnic of little sandwiches and fruit in a park.
Romance can be an unexpected letter or email. Maybe someone bringing you dinner because they know you're tired and have a long drive home.
Sometimes it's just the way you touch someone. Sometimes it's the deep eye contact that makes you want to hover there forever and sink in.
It can be as thought out as a bed covered in rose petals, soft music playing in the background. A silk nightgown just purchased and placed gently over your shoulders, a bottle of bubbly wine, chocolate covered strawberries, a hand massage.
It can be a special meal cooked just for them, all your lovers favorite things, candles, music, talking, touching.
It can be as unexpected and simple as just waking up on a Saturday morning and staying in bed for hours not just to make love but to just be in the others company because it feels so good, so right to touch that person.
Romance is learning every freckle and mole on the body of the one you love. Finding every piece of them that tickles, burns, makes them giggle and makes them moan. It's learning each other over and over. Being naked with only the thought to touch, rub, massage each other.
Romance is as simple as reaching for their hand in a crowded room just to bring it to your heart for a moment and then letting it go.

I think maybe true romance is reaching the the point where you know that life aint no fairy tale and there're gonna be moments you want to rip your SO's head off but you know that's an ok feeling cause you are loved no matter hopw many times you leave the seat up.

Truman Sparks for President

I think romance can only be good if it's with someone you truly love and care about. If it's not mutual I think it seems cheesy.

But if it is mutual...

I believe that romance comes from deep inside. It's can be something as little as a kiss on the forehead, the opening of a door, the pulling out of a chair, it can be a picnic of little sandwiches and fruit in a park.
Romance can be an unexpected letter or email. Maybe someone bringing you dinner because they know you're tired and have a long drive home.
Sometimes it's just the way you touch someone. Sometimes it's the deep eye contact that makes you want to hover there forever and sink in.
It can be as thought out as a bed covered in rose petals, soft music playing in the background. A silk nightgown just purchased and placed gently over your shoulders, a bottle of bubbly wine, chocolate covered strawberries, a hand massage.
It can be a special meal cooked just for them, all your lovers favorite things, candles, music, talking, touching.
It can be as unexpected and simple as just waking up on a Saturday morning and staying in bed for hours not just to make love but to just be in the others company because it feels so good, so right to touch that person.
Romance is learning every freckle and mole on the body of the one you love. Finding every piece of them that tickles, burns, makes them giggle and makes them moan. It's learning each other over and over. Being naked with only the thought to touch, rub, massage each other.
Romance is as simple as reaching for their hand in a crowded room just to bring it to your heart for a moment and then letting it go.

Awesome post, hon! Love it and agree wholeheartedly. B|
Life is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. And never regret anything that made you smile.

So here is what I am thinking,

You call her number and prey to god that she will answer but are terrified to the soul that she will, and then you will have to actually say something and can not for the life of you figure out what.

So, maybe that is not romance, but it is definitely love.

J

I like Beans

No Google search. Just some inspiration. Don't worry. I'm sure I'll be back to my insensitive bitchy self soon enough.

Holy shit! You meant that? So tell us all about this "inspiration" guy. Obviously he's gotta get our approval (though it sounds like he's doing well enough so far). ;)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

I am one practical girl who has to make decisions on other people's behalf all day, so to me, romance is:

Telling me we are off to the movies, tickets booked, choice of movie made and restaurant selected for dinner.

Ordering my fav McDonalds meal on the way home and surprising me.

Offering me the chicken wing

Running a hot bubble bath and just soaking in it chatting.

Giving me a massage

Bringing me hot chocolate in bed on a cold day

DVD's, creme soda cold drink and ghost pops to eat on veg on the couch day

Feeding me sushi when I am sick

Ok, mainly things that involve food, but I am a sucker for someone who stimulates my mind, which in turn :$

Returning my phone calls

Test messaging me - not anything specific, just a reminder that I am on his mind.

e-mails - Songs, poems, "just to say hi"

List is really endless, but it is the small things that count.

Being a bit jealous when other people are talking to me,
Seeing him look at me across the room and smile
Him remembering something personal I have told him and sharing a private moment in a room full of people.

I miss all this.

I think true friendship is under-rated

Twitter: @Dreamskygirlsa

It's a 'birthday' card for a one day old hemorrhoid.

Going to the store for monistat and coming home with a pack of yeast too.

Goofy cards left around the house.

Singing well known songs poorly and with spontaneously invented lyrics.

Stretching out a tape measure and saying he loves me exactly that much... 25 feet and 3 inches.

Inventing words that make sense but only we use in everyday vocabulary.

Buying flowers for no reason at all and just leaving them somewhere already in a vase for me to find. Sending flowers on Valentine's day to a zit named Ignasious (aka Iggy)

Turning his ass away when he really needs to let one rip.

Being proud when I belch in public.

Dancing in Home Depot to music only we can hear.

Kisses in freefall.

Being true to himself and loving me as I am, FOR the imperfections not instead of them.

Taking the dogs out in the pouring rain.

Knowing the one would do anything for the other, but never taking advantage of that.

Playing, laughing, giving the best gift of all... smiles.

Board games on rainy days and never letting the other win.

The look in his eyes when they meet mine that can not be described.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda