VanillaSkyGirl

Trip for Two...where to go?

On the ocean, beautiful, an easy four to five hour drive from the LA basin - the Central Coast of California.

I agree that it's a nice drive up the coast. Yes, we've done the coastal drive all the way to and back from San Francisco, actually. It was great, and there were plenty of places to surf. It's another possibility. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you do make it up this way there are some clothing optional hot springs that you might like.

One of the guys on my current team is a pretty hardcore surfer. He just got back from Costa Rica and had nothing but praise for that place. Not overly cheap but not expensive either. There is usually a fairly WIDE range of accomodations to fit your budget.

When it comes to romance, nothing beats the Days Inn in sunny Perris. I'd recommend room #328, as it seems to be filled with horny romantic vibes. And while you're there, please look for my jeans.:|

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Have you been to the Pacific Northwest together? I assume it would be cheap to fly from where you live. I don't know how the weather is there in August, but the times I've been there in June it's been very enjoyable. You could hike and camp in the mountains or go to the coast in Oregon. I have relatives who camp out on the beach there every year, I can let you know where they go if you like.

I'm so glad Spencer is finally coming home! :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Puerto Rico is a great place to visit... I can recomend some incredible places to go visit like 3 Bioluminescent bays, The 3rd largest underground cavern system in the world, A great Rainforest, and we have like 3 blue flag beaches.. which means our beaches kick ass... We also have really good food and party....
If you want to come down, PM me and I will help you any way I can.

Blue Skies,
Dan
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

When it comes to romance, nothing beats the Days Inn in sunny Perris. I'd recommend room #328, as it seems to be filled with horny romantic vibes. And while you're there, please look for my jeans.:|

While I find it hilarious that you keep mentioning that incident that happened to you while you stayed there:D, you're just plain sick for wanting those jeans back. Who knows what that couple, on whom you accidentally walked-in, has done to your jeans by now? :o

Just go back to France and buy new jeans, my friend. That is the only way...

Rosa:

I cannot say enough about traveling to the Central Coast. Here are the benefits to you:

1) It's fairly local. Spencer just got back from a desert on the other side of the world. Wouldn't it be nice to spend time with him in familiar territory? Think of HIM. I reckon the last thing on his mind is a vacation of to some distant place.

2) Road trip. It's a beautiful drive. Taking the 101 north past Ventura is just lovely. And, you get the added benefit of spending quality time, just you and Spencer, alone to talk. No prying eyes and ears from those on a plane or anything - just you two in a car. Can you picture anything better?

3) Weather. Summer's here, and it's hot in Cali except for the coast. A cool breeze would likely be nice for him.

4) Lots to do outdoors.

4a) Heading north just one hour, you could surf Ventura Harbor or the Rincon. There are hills to hike up in the mountains.

4b) Santa Barbara is beautiful, lots of shops and nightlife on State Street. You can take day trips to off of San Miguel or Anacapa Island if you'd like, or just walk the beach, go to the zoo. Santa Barbara has it all - even wine tasting if you go inland, Lake Conchita on the other side of the pass. Then there's Solvang for a quaint touristy time an hour north, and Jalama Beach on the coast, which is just wonderful and somewhat secluded. Good camping.

4c) San Luis Obispo has almost everything Santa Barbara has, and more. Travel North from there to Cambria for a nice community with art and the like. The tide pools are awesome, too. Inland at Paso Robles is great wine tasting.

5) You don't need an agenda, no flight to catch, nothing. If you want to do nothing, you can.

6) It's as inexpensive as you want. Want to go to a nice restaurant? Do it, but you don't have to. The only big costs you'll need are gas and lodging. If you are tired after a couple of days and want to say, "Let's go back home" then you can, and you will without worrying about plane flights.

I hope you have a wonderful time, Rosa. You and Spencer both certainly deserve it!:)

My wife is hotter than your wife.

If you do make it up this way there are some clothing optional hot springs that you might like.

Another option to Harbin is Orr hot springs. Smaller, nice romantic cabins and secluded. Weekend prices for the cabins are pricey.

They don't have a web site that I could find, but here is a description with phone number.
www.andersonic.net/orr/
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

1) It's fairly local. Spencer just got back from a desert on the other side of the world. Wouldn't it be nice to spend time with him in familiar territory? Think of HIM. I reckon the last thing on his mind is a vacation of to some distant place.

Of course, I've already ASKED him what HE wanted to do or if he just wanted to stay close to home. We actually talked of going back to Hawaii because we had such a magical time the last time that we went there. This thread is for more ideas, and yes, I'd rather not fly or drive around too much.

The Central Coast sounds like a trip that he and I could do anytime, though. While it's definitely the kind of trip that he and I would enjoy, there's nothing too magical or exotic there. Also, I want for him to just relax on a beach somewhere, if he can. He'd be happy just to surf all day and eat well at night.

Rippedcord ~
See my reply above. Good choice...:)
To everyone recommending Costa Rica, as I stated in my previous post, I cannot go there right now because we are already planning a trip there in the near future. Some other place would be a better choice for us in August.

My boyfriend is finally coming back from overseas (Iraq) in just over a couple of weeks

Maybe a hunting trip? Ok, maybe not... :$ How about paintball!? Hmmm, not much better... :D

Seriously though, a short cruise (unless he's Navy...)or all inclusive resort might be nice. I wouldn't worry too much about the vacation being perfect, he's probably going to be happy enough just being back with you!

Jeff
Shhh... you hear that sound? That's the sound of nobody caring!

If you're willing to forego the surfing, southeast Alaska is awesome in August. Maybe a cruise, or some hiking, or have a float-plane taxi drop you off at a remote lake with camping gear.

I'll also go with the Oregon coast suggestion, but it's not all that exotic, just relaxing. Still, from there you can get to a bunch of interesting places, wine tasting in Willamette Valley, Crater Lake, buggies on the dunes in Florence, etc, etc, etc.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Puerto Rico is a great place to visit... I can recomend some incredible places to go visit like 3 Bioluminescent bays, The 3rd largest underground cavern system in the world, A great Rainforest, and we have like 3 blue flag beaches.. which means our beaches kick ass... We also have really good food and party....
If you want to come down, PM me and I will help you any way I can.

Blue Skies,
Dan

Wow, I am curious about Puerto Rico, since this is a place that neither him, nor I have been. He and I seperately have been just about everywhere, so that's really saying something. I'll write to him, and see what he says about it.

Nightingale's suggestion of Kona, Hawaii is also sounding good.

Of course, Thailand is a destination that I have been dying to visit, but it's quite far. (He is coming from such a far off place, and I don't want for him to have to deal with more long-distance travels.) Also, he's already been there, among many other places. It would be an ideal place for us to visit together in the future, though.

Thank you, everyone, and please keep the suggestions coming. Believe it or not, this thread is helping me to make a better decision.