Ashtanga

Question for the Ladies

I have a serious crush on a lady that works for the same corporation I do. Although at another office location in the same city I live in. I have heard from sources that she is single and I would love to take her to dinner but I can't work up the nerve to call her.

I am thinking of sending her flowers with a note that says something like ... I would like to get to know you better. Call me if your interested. Include my phone number. Do you think this is coming across strong or is this alright to do?

Thanks for any replies.

B|

I'd say that's a hair too strong. Especially since everyone would ask her where the flowers came from, and she'd have to tell them. :D I always get embarassed when I get flowers at work, although I appreciate the sentiment. :)
I agree with Zach.

Have you talked to her before? Does she know who you are?

Flowers may be a little too much right off the bat. I know if I got flowers from some random guy, I would be flattered, but in the back of my mind it would also freak me out a little.

That's really putting yourself out there on the line right up front. If you start it out that way and say she is into you, do you feel like you would continually have to keep topping what you've done before?

I truly think flowers are for when you are already intimate with someone and it's a special way to let them know that you are thinking about them.

Have you talked to her before? Does she know who you are?

We have met. We were in a meeting together yesterday and talked. I get all nervous around her and I can't even remember my name let alone ask her out. This is how I know I really like her.:)

I'd skip the flowers and just call her. Ask her out for a drink and then if it is going well it can lead to dinner. If it isn't going well, you can always skip out before dinner time. That way you don't spend 3 hours trying to come up with witty and interesting things to say if it isn't going well and you save a little money too!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

No flowers right now.

Maybe ask her for informal lunch. That's what my buddy did... He's now married to her.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself

Ditto. Flowers rock after about the second date, especially if you've figured out what she likes.

If you're already on comfortable speaking terms, I'd say go with the phone call. Be careful about just springing it on her - not everyone handles cold-calls well. Warm up with a little flirting to gague her reaction.

If there's a bar or coffee shop near her office, say something to the effect of: "I'm going to be in that area - if you're free after work, I think it would be fun to grab a drink together."

This doesn't put her in a spot. An after-work drink is casual enough, but if it goes well, you can always proceed with dinner. If no sparks, there's also no lost face and no weirdness.

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I am all about spoiling the ones I like with flowers, etc. I know she knows me and I was just thinking that this would be a way to tell her I LIKE YOU.

That's great, just spoil her after you've gone out a couple of times. Sometimes too much too soon is a little creepy. All the women are telling you not to send them yet. Listen to us! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I am all about spoiling the ones I like with flowers, etc. I know she knows me and I was just thinking that this would be a way to tell her I LIKE YOU. :)

It's an incredibly sweet thought, with incredibly sweet and straightforward intentions. If you're not SURE she'll love it though, wait until you are. Some women have different feelings and attitudes about flowers.

If you can't stand it and you simply MUST give her petals, I'd say wait at least until the first formal date.

:)

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

how bout just sending one flower....not a rose, but something simple yet sweet like a tulip, carnation, or a lilly....and you could say something like "a beautiful boquet has to start with one simple flower"...and maybe just ask her to coffee first. you can be suprisingly sweet with out being overbearing....its not hard to do.

and ladies do love flowers....*i favor white carnations lol

they may have given me life but skydiving gives me breath
..katie..
http://community.webshots.com/user/goalie85