BGill

my new video, opinions?

You guys don't have to be nice. Bobby has to learn that he totally sucks one of these days. The only way he can improve is through nasty nasty comments about his awful work. :P

Now if you want to see what a promo for the club SHOULD look like, see http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=549. Note that every clip or still is of a club member, unlike Bobby's sucky video that's full of clips of non-members.

Yeah the skydiving is better in Bobby's, but the other one gives a little better representation of what the club is all about. Oh and I made the other one so I'll ban you from the site forever if you say Bobby's is better! :P Just kidding.

Nice work Bobby!

Dave

please note: pilotdave is a douchebag who made a terrible promo video.

seriously dave, just cuz youve been out of the club for a few years doesnt mean you know everyone. most of that is me, ahmed, lisa, and tink (all who were at least at one point in the club). the other random footage is shot by either myself or tink. so there! my video is better than your video!:P

just kidding. thanks for the compliments dave.

Bobby, that video was horrible. Complete and total shit. You're gonna have to wait until I can come up and jump with you guys to add another non-club member. It's the only way it can be saved.:P:PB|

j/k man, good stuff. Will have to seriously make it up sometime soon. Have fun!B|

so this is my :D:D time editing up a video. i did it for the new University of Maryland Skydiving promo video.

whats everyone think? (i know, the video is small, but pilotdave was whining like a little girl to make sure it was a small file, so thats his fault)

http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=2465

First of all, that's a nicely done video! Depending on the audience/venue, you may want to tighten it up a bit, though. For example, the first 28 seconds of the video drag a bit. Maybe start where the camera guy is getting in the floater position--the exit shot is pretty dramatic and would be (IMO) a nice way to really grab attention right from the start.

I could make other comments, but you see what I mean. As I said earlier, all depends on the audience/venue. Overall, it really is a nice video.

Congratulations!

Walt

p.s. What settings did you use to get the filesize that small?

i agree that the beginning drags a little bit, but this video is intended for straight up whuffos. i like to think the door opening kinda starts to freak them out that people are getting ready to jump. that and i like how the music changes as he jumps.

as for the filesize, i was making it in premiere, so used the Adobe Media Encoder function and saved it as a Windows Media Video, and that pretty much did it for me. pilotdave has good info on how to shrink stuff down so as to not waste his bandwidth.

and in response to alana, obviously you're in the video. i don't think anything in skydiving is official (boogie, video, etc) with out either alana or justi ;)

lisamarie, when you making it out to delmarva so i can actually meet you this time? i would also like to meet this "team nekkid" that i somehow missed out on when it rained the other weekend.

and to jtval and brandon... ehhh bite me!:P

thanks for the feedback people:)

Pilot dave, who was that getting tackled and thrown our of the tunnel??

Thatd' be The World Famous Tink! That's my favorite part.

Dave

Awesome!:D That was my favorite part too.:D:D

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.