FourSideDean

Jumpsuit - What should I do?

The summer is over and the weather is getting cooler(or will be soon). I completed my A license and got my own rig. I don't have a jumpsuit though. It has been warm enough to jump with shorts and t-shirt. If it was a bit cool I jumped with jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. (By the way if you have never jumped with just shorts and t-shirt, or naked, you should try it... none of the friction you are used to and you re-learn how to arch!)

The biggest issue I am having is that I am 130lbs and fall slow... So I have been wearing a weight belt and finally going 120mph. But I wouldn't mind going a bit faster.

So I want to be warm and fall faster.
But I don't want to wear spandex and look like a wierd skinny thing...

What kind of jumpsuits do you recommend?
Or
Should I just jump with jeans and long sleeve t-shirt?

But I don't want to wear spandex and look like a wierd skinny thing...

Get a fast FS suit: ZP material and spandex.

Andrew Clark: You don't have any goals.
John Bender: Oh but I do.
Andrew Clark: Yeah?
John Bender: I wanna be just like you. I figure all I need, is a lobotomy and some tights.
Brian Johnson: You wear tights?
Andrew Clark: No I don't wear tights. I wear the required uniform.
Brian Johnson: Tights.
Andrew Clark: Shut up.

The Breakfast Club, 1985

Talk to the instructors at your DZ, they have jumped with you and can walk you through all the jumpsuit options and what would work best for your body type and flying skills. There are a LOT of options, don't waste $300 on a custom jump suit only to have it still not be right for you :)

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

Talk to the instructors at your DZ, they have jumped with you and can walk you through all the jumpsuit options and what would work best for your body type and flying skills. There are a LOT of options, don't waste $300 on a custom jump suit only to have it still not be right for you :)

Second that! Lesson learned the hard way.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I agree with the talk to the instructor thing but, when I sent Tony a order form for a suit they called me and asked "are you sure this is what you want? This suit will make you fall faster." I guess with my measurements they could tell how big my belly uhmmmmm tool shed is. We changed it to a looser suit and I love it. That my friend is customer service!!!

I really like my Firefly Suit. Its a two piece and you can customize it for a faster fall rate. Great customer service. Call Firefly and talk to Sherry. Small operation, takes a little while but very good fit and they look awesome....

So I have been wearing a weight belt and finally going 120mph. But I wouldn't mind going a bit faster. wear more lead or get a suit that fits tight - you probably need both until you learn mantis

But I don't want to wear spandex and look like a wierd skinny thing...seems you have to deal with one or the other - or wear more lead - or take a tunnel camp and get some training

What kind of jumpsuits do you recommend?...do a search on the site - this thread will soon degenerate into a bunch of people advocating their own brand or for friends - but figure out which discipline you want to take seriously
Or
Should I just jump with jeans and long sleeve t-shirt?...that's fine if you don't care about performance and learning

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants