sid

(I'm a) DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sewing a new boc pouch on a Javelin, for those of you that know how those boxy-bottomed containers require a lot of "holding" while sewing you can understand the concentration required.....

And I was concentrating right up to the point that I put the needle right through the tip of my finger. Of course the intial reaction is to pull back, which broke the needle off right in my finger! Tweezers and peroxide later I have a broken nail (which seems to want to catch on everything) and a hole top and bottom on my signature finger!
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

I went through the US Army Parachute Rigger School at Ft. Lee, VA in 1984. In the maintenance branch they had Singer 97-10 stand-up heavy duty machines that would sew through about anything. The instructor giving the class on that machine sewed through a piece of 1/4" plywood. He warned us several times about keeping our fingers away from the needle.

There was a board on the wall with ranks, names, and dates of former students. There was also a little dot next to their name. When someone sewed their finger, they posted their name, rank, and a spot of their blood. B|

I managed to keep my fingers intact. :)

THey don't have those machines any mmore . . . you don't see them much at all. Sandy Reid has one at RI that sews like a dream!
Arrive Safely

John

There was a board on the wall with ranks, names, and dates of former students. There was also a little dot next to their name. When someone sewed their finger, they posted their name, rank, and a spot of their blood. B|

Hey John, I left a spot (or 2) on the bottom of his container, do you think I should charge more? :S
Pete Draper,

Just because my life plan is written on the back of a Hooter's Napkin, it's still a life plan.... right?

Don't feel bad Sid. Last Sunday I was closing my reserve and was using my fist to punch the sidewalls(It's a Mirage thing for those who don't know). Of course I wasn't paying attention to any area but the side wall and mangaged to drive my temp pin into the middle knuckle on my right pinkie. I've got about 80% of the range of motion back so I think it's going to be ok, but damn that hurt.

-Blind
"If you end up in an alligator's jaws, naked, you probably did something to deserve it."

Peter! I was hoping for the blood pumping shots, not the cleaned up aftermath. Well, at least you didn't sew two fingers together!!:ph34r:

...couple of my friends were down the street from you a couple days ago. I told them to stop by, but it was awful early in the morning!!!;)

When I went through the course I managed to let the take up lever on the Zig-Zag machine catch my skull. Scared the shit out of the kid next to me. :ph34r:

The instructor just shook his head. :DB|

I was at Fort Pickett supporting Halo Training for one of the teams recently. Have you seen the new like 16-Million facility? All the old machines were supposed to goto DRMO.

BTW; Have we ever met? I goto Raeford when I am in town.

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

I did the same thing when I changed units long ago. The machine I was used to had a guard over the takeup lever, and when I was working on a patch deep inside the tail of a canopy with the fabirc bunched up all around it, I would rest my forehead against that guard. When I went to the Golden Knights and sat down to sew a patch, I carved a groove in my forehead before I realized that machine didn't have such a guard! :D

I haven't been to Ft. Pickett in a looooong time.

I don't believe we have met. Look me up the next time you are at Raeford.
Arrive Safely

John

Have you seen the new like 16-Million facility? All the old machines were supposed to goto DRMO.

I did not make the statement clear or finished it I should say.

I meant to add on Fort Lee. The new Rigger Training Facility. I did not get a chance to go inside but it is pretty nice looking.

I usually hang with Chuck Blue, Katie, Tony & Kate.

I will definitely let you know when my next visit is. NOt sure though because I just cracked my whole femur on 24 June. I was jumping a MC1-1D too. It was like a downdraft got the chute and slammed me. As soon as the balls of my feet hit it cracked. I finished the PLF and had to wait for the medics. [:/]B| Oh and I am too small to be breaking myself on a hollywood jump. [:/] Such is the life of a ParaTrooper though. I would not trade it for the world.

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

What color was the rig? Did you bleed on it?

I cut my finger once packing a customers brand new WHITE Javelin. [:/]

Cudos to Sun Path. The blood wiped right off.

Anyways Sid. I hear chicks dig riggers with puncture wounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

What color was the rig? Did you bleed on it?

I cut my finger once packing a customers brand new WHITE Javelin. [:/]

Cudos to Sun Path. The blood wiped right off.

Anyways Sid. I hear chicks dig riggers with puncture wounds.

:P

It was a really dirty, older, faded blue (with one little red spot on it :P
I once worked on an order for an all white Racer, told the guy "I hope that you have a LOT of Scotchguard"

as for those chicks - where are they??????? I have other wounds too :P
Pete Draper,

>>>back, which broke the needle off right in my finger!

ooouuuuuuuuuch! the first half sounded painful... the second half made me queezy:o
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce