skymedic

picture THREAD...come on guys POST.

When I got done with my second Yank, I flared, lifted my feet up, slid in on my right thigh and elbow

Hmmm...bad thing, bad things. I hope it occurred to you that a 2-ft downdraft and you would have got your helicopter number.

I attended a seminar by John LeBlanc on hook turns. One of the things that he uses to gauge the correct technique is how much recovery margin you have in the corner. If your brakes are all the way down to save your a$$, then you are too deep. Your thigh was on the grass.

You know that I don't hook, so my opinion may err on the side of caution. But as a friend, dialing it back a notch may be good.

My New gear is in!!!

You guys MUST be jealous!

Forget the rig, those tight shorty shorts are somethin' else! ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I know I said I was gone but I just got some more PIX - which is why this thread is here right - and hoped no one would mind if I shared....These are my first sits so I get all excited...although skymama and chopchop got me theres quicker....

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

face off.jpg

camera geek.jpg

He often comes to the DZ with me to chase rabbits while I jump.
If you are ever in Toledo, let me know and I'll be sure to bring the hounds along (we have a very laid back DZ)

Red

It's a deal! If I get down that way, I'll let you know.

J

--------------------------------------
Sometimes we're just being Humans.....But we're always Human Beings.

Well, if you find yourself in the Chicagoland area, I will be most willing to play. I usually inhabit the skies over CHicagoland Skyddiving in Hinckley, IL. My headdown docks are getting better, and while this summer is slow for me jump-wise because of money, it's not that hard to convince me to go to the dz for a jump or 3....

I'll keep it in mind....right now thinking the closest I might be to that area is Skydive Chicago in early August but things can change.....never know. Had a head down attempt with a pal this past weekend...many smiles but not much stability. See~

headdown.JPG

I just met Patrick 2 weeks ago - he left before I got into skydiving, Scott is always around with good tips and I love to watch him sail in off a camera jump (crazy!) and Sinno...Sinno is too much fun but he is in Cross Keys right now I think. Everyone in Sebass is great really....I got spoiled starting there.

Think I am saving a Rantoul visit for next year - I want to really be solid on my canopy skills for when I head to heavy traffic places. I'm pretty comfy but want to hit the peas every time - regardless of the spot. Hey - I don't want to hi-jack this thread again......yell at me if I am being a bad girl

i was worried about traffic too, but last year it really wasn't a problem. I fly a skybarge (triathlon 160) so i was also really worried about bad spots, but there is soooo much open room to land, that it's not really a big problem. I followed what Marc, Anne and others were doing and started landing near the student area, which was pretty much wide open.

i was worried about traffic too, but last year it really wasn't a problem. I fly a skybarge (triathlon 160)

The last thing you should do is worry under a Triathlon. You can sink that canopy between branches in trees if you have to. That is an excellent canopy.