heidihagen

landed weird

i landed weird on monday -- didn't hurt, but it got kind of swollen hours later. i walked away, didn't feel a thing!
has this ever happened to anyone? it's REALLY swollen. i mean, doesn't even look like my foot. i'm awake because my other ankle (the one still visable) kept poking it in bed.
so anyway, i thought it would go away, but it getting worse by the day. soyeah, i'm going to a dr tomorrow because it's keeping me awake and my foot feels like its about to bust out of the skin. sorry, it's gross.
i put ice on it several times a day. the weird part is, what was purple is now yellow, and what was kind of normal looking is now purple. and the more swollen it gets, the less it hurts to walk on it.
so how long does this take to go away??? >:(
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

mmmm, sounds like my ankle...

I hit my leg on the way out the plane a couple of weeks ago and had a big bruise on my calf, showed it to a friend who commented how swollen my anke was, (I hadn't even noticed) and it didn't hurt at all.

Maybe no pain receptors in the ankles of skydivers???

:S
www.sneale-create.com

:Di don't know what it is! adrenaline maybe. i know what i did but i didn't land THAT hard. and it took forever to hurt even. but that's another weird thing, it's moving it's way up my leg. i didn't stand this one up, but it didn't hurt.... the changing color thing is freaky, but not as much as how much it is growing. this isnt my foot!![:/]

http://photos1.blogger.com/img/128/1599/200/cankle1.jpg
doesn't even fit inmy flip flop anymore-- i dunno what i will do cuz flops have been a last resortB|
i didn't lose my mind, i sold it on ebay. .:need a container to fit 5'4", 110 lb. cypres ready & able to fit a 170 main (or slightly smaller):.[/ce

yes, same person's feet:P

ok now i have a q-- that pic was taken friday. no doctor open all weekend. it swelled up some more sat, but the swelling is finally going down. would you still go to the doc? it's still swollen and i still funny when i walk, but other than that, i'm starting to see a few bones again (the one near my big toe). is a dr trip really necessary?? i mean, what could they do anyway?:S

butttttt i ddon wannaaaa quit whiiiiningggg:D:P
i scheduled an appt friday since they were booked, but now that the swelling is finally reversing a lil bit (its been a week).. seems unneccassary. is the ankle one of those things that will mess up years down the road because i ignored it this once??

girl, go to the doctor!! please please please. i had a crash landing once, hurt my shoulder, but it felt better a few days later and so i didn't go. three jumps later, i dislocated it bad. three months of physical therapy later, i go back to go jumping, and now i have hurt it again. it's not worth this.

i wish more than anything i had just gone to the doctor the first time, dealt with it to be safe... and then i would have spent all day yesterday landing in the peas at aggieland, happy as anything. instead, i laid on my couch with icepacks and my friend brought over the tequila.

what's up with that anyway, i know that yesterday wade had an ankle brace too that he said he had a pretty rough landing...

anyway, whatever you decide (like the doctor :)) i hope you feel way better soon. i have to go the the orthopedist tomorrow, so we can whine together.
life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
(helen keller)

hey ali!!! this is actually my second crash.. my first was my first jump... landed on my tailbone with out flaring all the way. ouch! dislocated shoulder? yikes, thats scary! and here i am whining.

if i would have known they were going to do this, i would have done it last week. it feels wayyy better. plus, this will speed everything along. he gave crutches but i don't think i need them because i know nothings broken --- i think they went overboard though, my leg weighs 50 pounds now i think!

i forgot to mention the best part...
i found the BEST ice packs... better than a bag of peas!
cheap, colorful, molds to the foot and the ends are itchy for scratching purposes! also, they're long, thin and flexible... slide right into a cast.
did i mention they taste good? :Dgotta love fla vor ice
http://photos1.blogger.com/img/128/1599/1024/flavorice.jpg
:P

is the ankle one of those things that will mess up years down the road because i ignored it this once??

Yes. Sometimes. Always get it checked. A slight bruise "in the unfortunate place" can turn into a weak muscle that can't ever be strengthened as much again for the rest of its life.... Or a small fracture turns "in the unfortunate place" into a fused joint that causes major problems.... etc.... (Or whatever. I don't know what I am talking about, but I've heard enough horror stories). It doesn't always happen, but there's always the odds that something seemingly minor leaves some lasting damage.

Another way to think of it: 90% of the time, it's not worth it, but 10% of the time you're glad you did. It's insurance on your life.

Anyway, I am VERY GLAD you're okay!