Slappie

"Hackers" force NASA's hand

There is a 10th planet, but it took some hackers to force NASA's hand at revealing the news.

The space alien revelations to follow shortly? Or wasn't I supposed to disclose that information ... wait.

Blutarsky 2008. No Prisoners!

I bet you're a chicken aren't you? I mean we all know the alien invasion was done 100s of thousands of years ago when the chicken was placed on earth to colonize it. The birth of the colonel, Colonel Kentucky Fried that is :ph34r:

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

Keep that under wraps unless you enjoy the anal probing.

I have the ability to rezurect the dead sucker.. Better watch out or I'll bring Colonel Sanders back to oppress the alien chicken population again!

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have found out the exact measure of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them."

but it took some hackers to force NASA's hand at revealing the news

It appears it was not really hackers... info from the scientisits involved is here.

J
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

but it took some hackers to force NASA's hand at revealing the news

It appears it was not really hackers... info from the scientisits involved is here.

J

Got a good link Josh? That one is umm not a good one?

stick to flying planes and leave NASA alone.

I'm trying to get a job flying spaceships :ph34r: I'm qualified, I can handle a Cesna!

Skeptics: form the Spock-Vulcan salutation with your hand and then bend the ring finger so that it touches the thumb. Observe how this results in The Shocker. Now consider Olav Zipser and many other freeflyers and you can draw your own conclusions about space aliens without me having to divulge what I’ve learned from my government work.

The new planet is both bigger and farther out than Pluto and, hence, the only appropriate name for it is Planet Bluto.

Dammit. It's name is ChromeDome. It is a shiny planet that has a really fast moon. See it's picture to the left.

Let me introduce you to my friend Tom Cruise. Tom Tell them.

Tom says, "You don't even-- you're glib. You don't even know what ChromeDome is. If you start talking about Bluto, you have to evaluate and read the research papers on how they came up with these theories, okay. That's what I've done. "

People have been arguing about what is a planet for the last 30 years, since better observatory instruments have discovered large bodies outside of Neptune:

Definition of a Planet

The IAU notes the very rapid pace of discovery of bodies within the Solar system over the last decade and so our understanding of the Trans-Neptunian Region is therefore still evolving very rapidly. This is in serious contrast to the situation when Pluto was discovered. As a consequence, The IAU has established a Working Group to consider the definition of a minimum size for a Planet. Until the report of this Working Group is received, all objects discovered at a distance from the Sun greater than 40 AU will continue to be regarded as part of the Trans-Neptunian population.

The new discovery is 98 AUs out, so is still in the grey zone. There will be bigger rocks than this one discovered in the future as well. So what is a planet, and what is just a rock in distant orbit? Truth is, no one has really made a formal definition, so it doesn't matter much. Besides, they don't want to have to go and change all the school textbooks.
Trapped on the surface of a sphere. XKCD