Trae

Summary of rig tampering tricks to watch out for..

(1)The old broken matchstick through the 3-ring loop.>:(

I saw this one pulled on a chappie who picked it up with a pre-jump check.
For the next 6 months most people kept their rigs in their car-boots.

(2) The drunken mid-night pack job of your rig by your "friends" while you sleep to get on the first load.
>:(
This was done to me . I wondered why everyone was looking at me funny. It opened -I lived- those guys aren't around anymore.

(3) Notes on the slider that you have a malfunction and should cut-away.>:(

This was a favourite of the 'base boys' . one parachute left ----what's your problem?

(4)Reconnect the tandem side straps.>:(

Nicer phychos reconnect it to the safety straps. Nasty children reconnect it to some-one else or nothing.

(5) Rig fiddling and whispering in your ear.>:(

The whisper goes something like " Man I saw (insert bozo's name ) playing with your rig while you were in the toilet. Of course he''ll wait to tell you on jump run.

(6) The super glue down the reserve loop is just too bad and very hard to pick up on a pin check.>:(

This one is getting very lethal. Not my idea who you let on your DZ.

(7) I'm sick of this shit and we're not even in freefall yet.>:(

Perhaps some-one else can share some experience.
I've gotta go smash something.

(2) The drunken mid-night pack job of your rig by your "friends" while you sleep to get on the first load.

i usually do this to myself at least once a weekend.

seriously...if that shit is really going on you need to start kicking some ass or find a new DZ.
what!?

Ah that's better..you should see how many pieces that pumpkin's in now.:|

(7) The combination jobby..
This one is a goup cluster fluck. This invloves the systematic destruction of some-one's reputation & life.

One whiff of this stuff and you're better off just going somewhere nice. Also if you don't trust the people you're jumping with take your dollars elsewhere. We are capitalists after all.and $$$ talk.

The combination job often starts with an attempt to alter the victims beer (at this stage it's usually one victim at a time) with some nasty chemical. Depending on how organised the psychos are they may attempt a group drink spiking event where they end up being the only ones not chemically stupified.(and yes I have seen this done to a DZ.)

In the confused aftermath bright chirpy ready to go people will step in and "TAKE OVER" . The old regulars will take a while to get over their chemically induced phychosis and the new people will say that they always were a bit crazy...etc

Next time you go to your favorite hang-out on the DZ it'll be occupied by cold hearted strangers who look like they want to eat you.

OK I've got another pumkin. Soup anyone?

[:/]

Ah that's better..you should see how many pieces that pumpkin's in now.:|

(7) The combination jobby..
This one is a goup cluster fluck. This invloves the systematic destruction of some-one's reputation & life.

One whiff of this stuff and you're better off just going somewhere nice. Also if you don't trust the people you're jumping with take your dollars elsewhere. We are capitalists after all.and $$$ talk.

The combination job often starts with an attempt to alter the victims beer (at this stage it's usually one victim at a time) with some nasty chemical. Depending on how organised the psychos are they may attempt a group drink spiking event where they end up being the only ones not chemically stupified.(and yes I have seen this done to a DZ.)

In the confused aftermath bright chirpy ready to go people will step in and "TAKE OVER" . The old regulars will take a while to get over their chemically induced phychosis and the new people will say that they always were a bit crazy...etc

Next time you go to your favorite hang-out on the DZ it'll be occupied by cold hearted strangers who look like they want to eat you.

OK I've got another pumkin. Soup anyone?

[:/]

Put the bong down. :|
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Some signs and symptoms of schizophrenia:

Confusion
Inability to make decisions
Hallucinations
Changes in eating or sleeping habits, energy level, or weight
Delusions
Nervousness
Strange statements or behavior
Withdrawal from friends, work, or school
Neglect of personal hygiene
Anger
Indifference to the opinions of others
A tendency to argue
A conviction that you are better than others, or that people are out to get you

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

Dude...you have some really serious issues...

...if you need psycholigical advice call:

1 900 FOR HANS

I will help you deal with pain and will take all your money - this way you won't have to worry about people tampering with your rig:)
jraf

Me Jungleman! Me have large Babalui.
Muff #3275

(3) Notes on the slider that you have a malfunction and should cut-away.>:(

This was a favourite of the 'base boys' . one parachute left ----what's your problem?

Bullshit. How the hell are you gonna make a note stay on your slider through deployment? :S And everyone knows that BASE'rs aren't sadistic freaks.

They are masochistic freaks.

Dude your village called....
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

You made that up. Skydivers who don't BASE jump are known to say things like that. BASE jumpers don't. They don't compare skydiving rigs to BASE rigs, nor BASE jumps to skydives either.

By the way, if you've seen so much tampering, why the hell do you skydive, and where? If there was that much "tampering" there would be many homicide investigations.

That's about all I have to say about the trolling sound of the fishing boat.

Have a good weekend.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

I'm glad you recognised the seriousness of this stuff.
Can't handle a bit of angst venting? Perhaps you should look elsewhere.
As for making it up ......I wish. & we didn't even get onto rig tampering after fatalities yet.

Learning words for little kiddies ...look up "naive" . Could have the spelling wrong but I know what it means.

Time for bed little ones
Sweet dreams. There's no Boogie monster and Santa's on his way with his reindeer.
Good night.

Shhhhhhhh.......;)
:o

OK now that the children are asleep perhaps any mature adult viewers will see this stuff for what it is.---------a very ugly truth.

This obviously doesn't happen everywhere or all the time but it DOES happen. What?.. aren't we allowed to talk about it?

I agree with the "if anyone touches my rig..."B|
Thats one reason hidden reserve pins are so popular.
Too yukky for you---go back to sleep.

Will you recognise this if it comes your way or will you have your head stuck firmly in the sand?

Do you know what a sociopath is? Do you think I made them up too?

It's easy to recognise when it gets close to you. These sociopaths just don't care enough.
If you do care you'll be able to tell the difference.

Oh and PLEASE get over the "shoot the messenger " bit it gets kinda boring.

Issues ????? take your pick!:ph34r:

The stars in my eyes blinded me to the truth
Now the mud in my armpits feels much better.

Honestly, Trae, I appreciate the seriousness of the things you are talking about but it really makes me wonder what kind of freaks you have been jumping with.

Malicious rig tampering is *extremely* rare and I think that is why you've gotten the negative responses. Your posting make it seem as though everyone needs to have armed guards around their gear, and that is simply not the case.

I would really like to see details of the experiences you have had that have led you to be so very concerned about malicious rig tampering.

Walt

Do you know what a sociopath is? Do you think I made them up too?

That's not the point.

The point is that the incidents you listed are aberrations, not everyday phenomena. Just as most people don't run into Ted Bundy, most people are not going to run into the guy with a grudge and a thing for superglue.

The skydiving community is a microcosm of the rest of the world, and it comprises all the personality types and personality disorders you find in the general population.

But who out there in the real world posts about all the ways serial killers do in their victims and pretends that such acts are a regular occurrence? Paranoids, that's who.

It's easy to recognise when it gets close to you. These sociopaths just don't care enough.
If you do care you'll be able to tell the difference.

And here, you are dead wrong. The reason sociopaths (and narcissists, who are just as dangerous and far more common) are so successful for extended periods of time is that they are so hard to detect. They mimic caring and concern as well as--if not better than--the most caring and concerned person you know.

Sheesh! This thread truly sucks.

rl
If you don't know where you're going, you should know where you came from. Gullah Proverb

Thanks for your reasoned response.
You're right this is very rare.....thankfully.

Some people just don't seem to get it that some of us have had very different and unusual experiences.

Most of this stuff happened a good time ago so I feel OK talking about it. At the time I was just as freaked out as anyone would be.

Please don't let this stuff get you down. Our sport is a very beautiful and I believe spiritual experience.

Venting here has helped me get it all into a new perspective. Trolling? Bullshitting? Just not my style.

Informing people of stuff to recognise & avoid .......no worries.

Thanks for your informative reply.
Yep I've still got things to learn.
Narcissistic ? Does that mean obsessed with yourself and your own way of looking at things?

Ps I think this bit of truth sucks too .,,biggly

Let this thread die a natural death:)

Let this thread die a natural death:)

Hell no. You started it and I would like for you to finish it.

You've obviously had some very bad experiences and I want to hear about them. I don't care whether your thoughts are presented in a polished way or not. Raw is just fine with me.

I'll make a promise here. Post the experiences that got you so very concerned about malicious rig tampering. I promise you that I will read your thoughts and think about them and that I will *not* come back with name-calling or ridicule. If I do have some sort of response, it will be an honest one.

The ball is in your court, my friend. Say what you've got to say.

Walt