skybytch

I just got goosed

It's a nice, warm evening outside so I was sitting on the porch, enjoying the peace and quiet, when I heard a noise. Actually, I heard several noises.

Then I had some visitors. Managed to snap these pictures then I hustled back inside before they could get any closer and bite me.

Yes, I do have an irrational fear of geese. You gotta problem with that? ;)

Lisa,

Your fear of geese is not irrational.

They are very agressive, nasty creatures.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Goose poop, on the other hand, ruins a lovely park. >:(

I heard on NPR today that Canadian geese (filthy creatures! :P) can produce as much poop as humans! :o

_Pm
__
"Scared of love, love and aeroplanes...falling out, I said takes no brains." -- Andy Partridge (XTC)

The way to get over your fear of geese. is to grab some bread start feeding them and then when one gets close enough grab it by the head and whip it, Whip it good. Then pluck it and clean it throw it in the oven and when it's done have a nice dinner.:)
Handguns are only used to fight your way to a good rifle

Pre-heat oven to 325deg. Stuff cleaned goose. Put on rack in large, covered roasting pan. A goose will yield a lot of grease. Place lid on roasting pan and slide pan into oven. Roas for 30min. per lb or until skin is a crisp golden brown. Mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies on the side. Yum, yum!:D

Chuck

pic #2. 3rd goose over. that one's coming for you. look at 'em. you can see it in his little eyes.

No shit. Those things are evil, I tell you, evil!

You can see the other ones thinking about it too, like 'there's more of us than her, come on, we can take her.' Also, I think they can smell fear. :o
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Pre-heat oven to 325deg. Stuff cleaned goose....

Dude... I grabbed a stray goose from the pond a couple miles from here , gave it a bath and scrubbed it with Neutrogena to make sure it was as clean as it could get.

I did every thing you said and it struggled and honked...tried to bite and claw me so I showed him what gaffers tape was.... It seemed rather cruel but it calmed down after only a few minutes in the oven.

Buy hey, I followed the directions specifically.

After all that, I have to give that recipe 2 thumbs down. It really stunk up the place and freaked out my room mates and to be quite frank about it... it's pretty gross.

Are you sure you didn't skip a few of the instructions?
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Pre-heat oven to 325deg. Stuff cleaned goose....

Dude... I grabbed a stray goose from the pond a couple miles from here , gave it a bath and scrubbed it with Neutrogena to make sure it was as clean as it could get.

I did every thing you said and it struggled and honked...tried to bite and claw me so I showed him what gaffers tape was.... It seemed rather cruel but it calmed down after only a few minutes in the oven.

Buy hey, I followed the directions specifically.

After all that, I have to give that recipe 2 thumbs down. It really stunk up the place and freaked out my room mates and to be quite frank about it... it's pretty gross.

Are you sure you didn't skip a few of the instructions?

It appears, we both have different ideas of 'cleaned'. I meant, pluck all the feathers, remove the guts and chop the honker's head-off. Voila! Cleaned!;):D

Chuck

i hate geese.

i hate them worse that ankle-biting dogs.

if they are crossing the road and i can get away with it, i run them over. i've nailed 4 so far.

Stay away from them! They probably aren't all that fond of you, either!:D
They do make great 'watch-dogs'.

Chuck

Ok, I've got a goose story that I'll throw out there.

I was going to jump my favorite antenna tower early one morning and while making my usual stop at a local convenience store (out in the boonies), I noticed a whole bunch of guys wearing camo, just like me, except I was only wearing camo pants. They were head-to-to camo.

I asked WTF was going on and they explained that it was the first day of goose season. That made me feel a bit paranoid. Not paranoid enough to not jump, though.

I always walked the landing area before jumping that tower, looking for anything funky and checking out the winds. It was still dark while I was doing that and suddenly I heard this "whooooooooooooooosh" sound getting louder and louder.

"What the fuck is that?!!!"

Then I heard a loud "thump!!!" a few feet away. Turns out a large snow goose had hit either the tower or one of the wires, then went in. It was dead when I got there.

I don't know jack about cleaning/cooking wild game, so I asked my friend, who lived just around the corner from the tower, if it was edible.

"Hell yeah, and I'll do the cookin'!!!"

First day of goose season. I bagged one goose and one BASE jump; and I don't even hunt!!! Not bad considering than goose could have killed me if it had hit me just right.

Walt