ACMESkydiver

What kind of jump did you do first?

Tandem at a parachute club on a Military base overseas run by my drinking mates at the local pub. Loved it so much I went back the following summer (after paying off some major bills and saving some cash) and did my AFF!

Can't wait to get back there and show 'em I really can land on the DZ now!B|

My first jump was IAD not static but same idea ..(my jump master had my pilot shute in his hand) After that I did awareness jump, then 2 paper pulls, and then I pulled my own shute in a matter of 5 jumps and wow .... I'm hooked!!!!
Up to date I haven't done a tandem jump but am allowed (signed off ) to jump out of hot air balloons, hellicopters, DC3,Skyvan, otters and can't waite to experience it all!!!!Little set back cause of car accident but will be back soon:)
I am very happy with my training too!thanx guys;)

Blue Skies and Terminal Memories 4 Life

PS -anyone else out there never been on a tandem jump?

Me!

And you'll find most people who started a while ago nevr did any, unless they got their rating of played passenger for someone. Strangely, at 6'2" and 215 lbs, not many new TM wanna take me for a ride! lol

EDIT: oh yeah, my 1st jump: IAD
Remster

hahaha... that's a pretty lame description.

That should read.

What are the TLO's?

-Good climbout and count
-Dearched on exit <=== Not that part though
-COA
-3PRCP's
-Pulled @5500
-Off airport landing good <== that can be written as land safely.

(more arch from hips)
-Cleared to AFF LII
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Tandem was my 1st,
loved the experience so much that I continued with static line ---reserve on belly (rounds)...flew about 40 rounds before flying a square with round reserve (logged 750 jumps before purchasing square reserve.)

I swear I wouldn't be in the sport today if it were not for my tandem experience.
:PB|:P

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Which was it and why?

S/L cause there wasn't any other way to do your first skydive way back then:ph34r:
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

My first jump was IAD not static but same idea

IAD is not same idea as static line---
Instructor assisted deployment was not considered where I come from.

Then again my dz has not trained static line for over 5 years now. Tandem/AFF only training available and considered less risk.

SMiles;)
eustress. : a positive form of stress having a beneficial effect on health, motivation, performance, and emotional well-being.

Tandem here. Birthday present. Like many others -- was just gonna be a one-time thing. I would have NEVER, EVER gone if I couldn't do tandem. I didn't even consider that this is something people do over and over again. ;) Then when I saw all the "real skydivers" at the dz, I figured they were all in it for the competition or something. Then after I landed I knew I was gonna be one of those people that does it over and over again. B|

Actually, I tried to talk myself out of going into AFP, but after my 2nd tandem a month later I knew I could not escape the pull of the sky. :)
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

we trained on the ground for two weeks before we ever got near an airplane.

One night a week for 6 weeks before jumping. I did a LOT of PLFs and arch-counts :P.

The reason I picked that class was because it was so long -- I figured it meant I was getting more lesson for my money.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)