jmpnkramer

Surfer Women Better than Skydiver Women!

Ok, I can see where you are coming from. I think skydivers may be closer to being representative of the broader population (and NO, I do NOT mean that as a pun) than surfers.

If surfers are really exceptional, that's a great thing. Very admirable. I don't think it's fair to expect the rest of the population to measure up to their example, though.

Oh yeah, and here is a picture of my friend. Not one of her best pictures, for sure, but it will give you an idea.

edited to add:
I don't give a shit how she looks. Honestly, I'm not really attracted to that look. She's a good and kind person and that's good enough for me.

Walt

why are women better skydivers than kramer? because we can do it without getting injured every 6 months.

Righto Arlo! :)
I still wish I could have seen you go after that guy at the convention in '99 :ph34r::D

This last one was a miliitary Round in 18+MPH :S

Love Ya Girlie! :)

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

Hey did your did yur girl get fat or sumthing? Sounds like a touchy subject for you. Go find yourself a hot surfer girl at once. Cause there in much better shape and all, and no one wants to here you complain. Dont waste any more of your time going after us fat sky girlys we obviously arnt worth it. LOL!! This craks me up.

Oh yeah did it ever occur to you that maybee some of the women here are happy with the way they look? And there whole goal in life is NOT to please you. If you don't feel good about yourself on the inside you will never feel good about yourself on the outside, no matter what you look like.

We see all of these women on TV with the "Perfect body" Who says there bodies are perfect? You, so thats all that counts. A hundred years ago the perfect body was more like a size 8 or 10. Now the perfect body is a fit size 2. And maybee in another 100 years it will be a size 0 who cares? The human body is a beautiful thing even if it isnt perfectly in shape.
~Shelly

Your post is kind of like saying, "Why can't you knitters be in as good of shape as triathletes??????"

Really...no shit.....women who have hobbies which are very physical tend to be in better shape than women who have hobbies that are less physical. DUH!

This is kind of like saying, "Women who read a lot tend to be more intelligent than women who don't!" or "Women who like to paint for fun tend to be more creative than women who don't!"
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

This last one was a miliitary Round in 18+MPH

Been there, done that. Didn't get hurt, though.:)
Dude, people are who they are, and hopefully who they want to be.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

And some havn't learned that yet

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ya we'll rape the local objects, and maybe do some jumps too!"

Just bc you have been exposed to jumpers that are not so fit does not mean that goes for all of us!!

I never said all. Maybe you should go back to school and learn how to read.

Also working in the sport is much different than just coming out and jumping. A HUGE Difference! I have worked as an instructor in Florida on the worst days. It does take it out of you and you have to be in shape.

Since you are a packer though; How many out of shape people toss their rig to you. Obviously a bunch since you sound like a decent packer.

Hell, there are probably a bunch that give you a rig to pack and know hardly anything about the rig itself or how to even pack it. Yes it is required to pack your own pack job but there are many who get away w/o doing that as well.

And WHO REALLY CARES WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT SURFER CHICKS AND SKYCHICKS!!! Not even a blip on the radar!

Must be a Blip on your radar! You have posted to it twice already. :ph34r::ph34r::D:D:DB|

Dont get yourself into this kind of arguemnt bc trust me you will lose...

Just by ya'll posting to it I win! :ph34r::P;):)

?? I have 3 jobs know what I am doing with my life

That makes you realistic? Talk to me when you get some life experience young lady.

maybe you should go back to whuffo world and leave the true skydivers alone to be happy without your ideas and negativity!!

I was a real Skydiver before you even knew what it was.

There is nothing negative about the post if you truly read it like they should have taught you in school.

"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

So your so concerned with the health of fat skydiving chicks?? Why don't you start holding aerobics classes at the DZ so all of us incredibly huge 115 lb women can get into shape??? Since your so concerned you should be happy to...
Guess what? I've met more active,beautiful women in skydiving then I have fat ones.

Direct your concern elsewhere... We are fine... and hot.. So there.

There are also helluva lot of military guys and Woman that aren't shallow to and don't view themselvrs as "MR Tough".

Who said anything about being tough?

my girlfriend would be very offended if you judged her solely on looks

I never said anything about judging someone solely on their looks. It is everyon'es interpretation instead of carefully reading and thinking.

Oh BTW, there is nothing bravado about doing a sport where you can die - you do it because you enjot it.

Once again who said anything about Bravado. Go an read it again. Possibly you might unserstand it better the second time!

Why Valerie; I thought you would be more viscous towards this post. I commend you. :)

Your post is kind of like saying, "Why can't you knitters be in as good of shape as triathletes??????"

I have to take this one back from you. These are not even remotely comparable.

The other two are more than a valid point though.

Touche' :)

Wow someone needs to get laid!!!! But with ideas like yours that seems highly unlikely! Also please do not talk to me like I am a child! Bc I am probably more mature than you ever could wish to be at may age!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Be the change you wish to see in the world!

Been there, done that. Didn't get hurt, though.

I have had much harder hits than this one that broke me. I guess I am getting older and brittle. :ph34r::DB|

The True point of the post is about health and prevention of injury.

I am probably more mature than you ever could wish to be at may age!

I highly doubt that.

Once again having three jobs does not make you mature.

Righto Arlo! :)
I still wish I could have seen you go after that guy at the convention in '99 :ph34r::D

I was just thinking about why surfer girls might be in better shape than skydiver girls... I think the skydivers just drink way more beers and jello shots! :D:D:D:D:D

So, what happened at WFFC in '99? I'm curious. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

That's nice. Now go make me a chicken pot pie!

Why I'll have you know I am a pretty decent cook.

I enjoy making food.:)

There have been other threads about health and skydiving. Yes, if you are in good physical shape, you are less likely to hurt yourself than if you are in bad physical shape. However, my guess is that if you get education about canopy flying, you are preventing injury in skydiving far more than your physical shape.

Also, while I am not in as good of shape as surfer women, I am in good shape. And, as many studies have shown, your overall health does not increase if you do 60 mins of cardio a day rather than 30. You will have less fat, but you will not be "healthier."

understandable - however people are going to do what they are going to do... people are taught the risks in overeating, smoking, unprotected sex, drugs etc etc but when has that stopped anyone... even though you'd like to open their eyes its just not that simple...
also just as a sidenote - just because someone doesnt have ripped muscles does not mean they are not in shape... i would say im a fairly average girl body wise, but i could still workout and run better than a lot of skinny twiggy people... peoples bodies are all different and i know thats not your main point but just wanted to point that out in case you forgot that minor detail :)
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Surfer Women Better than Skydiver Women!

So I guess your idea of what makes one person _better_ than another is whether they are in good shape or not. :S Well at least you are honest about your own personal values...

And now that I am horribly saddened by the fact that I will never appeal to you as a woman because I am not a surfer, I am going to go smoke a cigarette and eat my chocolate cake for breakfast now. :ph34r:

just because someone doesnt have ripped muscles does not mean they are not in shape...

Ooh! Ooh! That's a great point. If you eat right, exercise, have an normal body fat percentage, while you may not look as toned as someone who surfs for 8 hours a day, you are in good shape.

Trying to compare the bodies of women who participate in non-athletic hobbies to those who do seems silly.

It is true that people in good to excellent physical condition can survive impacts that might kill those who aren't. I remember an incident in Perris where the jumper landed under a spinning malfunctioned reserve; she was what you'd call "tight" and while she had major injuries she survived primarily because she had made a point of keeping herself in awesome physical condition.

Something I've noticed - those who stay in this sport tend to be in better shape and more physically active now than they were when they started jumping.

But skydiving as a whole is a reflection of society as a whole. At least in the US, we're a fat and lazy society. Excellent physical condition is the exception, not the norm.

I also know many women who carry a few extra pounds even though they are very active - running, hiking, climbing, cycling, working out at the gym, etc.