hobbes4star

Why is their a surfing channel..

Probabaly because its a much easier sport for spectators.. and the participation is HUGE. I would venture there are millions of surfers.. ... skydiving.. hard to watch most aspects.. and only a few tens of thousands of us worldwide.

And not a skydiving channel. All day long you can see surfing, and motor cross, and skateboarding. Why no skydiving??

Because surfers are so much hotter than skydivers. DUH!

And better! Don't forget better!

you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel loquacious?' -- well do you, punk?

I'm doing good, channel surfing er I mean post surfing...;);):S I might have gone over board with the dodo head comment but everything else is right on target right?:ph34r:

Dodo head and doodoo head are different things right?

--------------

(Do not, I repeat DO NOT, take my posts seriously.)

And not a skydiving channel. All day long you can see surfing, and motor cross, and skateboarding. Why no skydiving??

Excuse me GirlfalldownOnMe, but most surfers arent very good looking. Sure there are the few blonde hair beachcomber types, but most look a little more beaten up (like meB|)

Excuse me GirlfalldownOnMe, but most surfers arent very good looking. Sure there are the few blonde hair beachcomber types, but most look a little more beaten up (like meB|)

There's just something about that sun damaged hair and pre-cancerous skin that makes me hot.

--------------

I dont think its for any other reason than its too hard to film a skydiving competition.

If they did make it part of the X-Games, it would be a money making venture for skydiving cameramen. Do you think maybe its worth the effort to promote it? ;) If you have the will there is the way.

There's just something about that sun damaged hair and pre-cancerous skin that makes me hot.

Hotter than a limping, scarred, road rashed swooper? ;)
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Oh Gee, guess I better stop wearing sunscreen B|

Stop it! You're getting me all excited! :$

--------------

The whip! The whip!!!

Money. Surfing, motocross and skateboarding are more marketable than skydiving. It's easier to sell the surfer/skater lifestyle and accouterments that go along with it than it would be for skydiving. The X games came to LA and it was basically one huge marketing machine designed to sell, sell, and sell.

Even if skydiving was a spectator sport, the cost would keep out the pimple faced teenage crowd which some sports need in order to become huge. What parent would be willing to pluck down 2K+ in order for their kid to go through training and then throw down at least 3K for gear. And we havent even mentioned how dangerous skydiving is.

Damn, too bad most of my scars are emotional. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Money. Surfing, motocross and skateboarding are more marketable than skydiving. It's easier to sell the surfer/skater lifestyle and accouterments that go along with it than it would be for skydiving. The X games came to LA and it was basically one huge marketing machine designed to sell, sell, and sell.

Even if skydiving was a spectator sport, the cost would keep out the pimple faced teenage crowd which some sports need in order to become huge. What parent would be willing to pluck down 2K+ in order for their kid to go through training and then throw down at least 3K for gear. And we havent even mentioned how dangerous skydiving is.

3K nothin' dude, if Im jumping out of a plane I want the 4-5K gear. Spend another 2K to stay alive.

5K, too expensive for most people. You can surf and skate all day without spending a dime (well, ok, beer and pizza, but thats beside the point)