Kramer

I Fucked Up My Ankle

I was playing basketball tonight, and I rolled my ankle. [:/]

It's pretty fucked up. A friend is coming over to take me to the hospital right now to get it X-rayed. I walked home, and it didn't hurt that bad putting weight on it, but I think I should probably get it checked out to be sure.

It's about the size of a fucking baseball. :ph34r:[:/]

Throw some vibes at me...I wanna be able to jump soon enough to stay current, God willing.

I'll update when I get back from the ER.

(Pictures attached...while not terribly grusome, they're probably not for the weak-hearted either, click accordingly).

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Damn, Cory! You gotsta be careful, boy! And it's a good thing you're getting that checked out-- the swelling appears to be a bit higher than it should be for a true ankle sprain.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{VIBES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and (((((((((((((((((VICODIN)))))))))))))))))).

(Just kidding about the Vicodin. Mostly. :D)

Kelly

Ahh ya wuss!

Just put some ice on it and elevate it. It will be O.K.

Just realize that from now on it will be easier to hurt it. Most likely ligament damage.

It'll be allright.

Get better Biotch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to be more concerned with the weather.

Laters,

The REAL KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!

"HESITATION CAUSES DEATH!!!"
"Be Slow to Fall into Friendship; but when Thou Art in, Continue Firm & Constant." - SOCRATES

RICE:

REST
ICE
COMPRESSION (Ace Bandage)
ELEVATION

Go to the doctor. Get x-rays. make sure you didn't break anything. Then, follow doctor's orders. If its a sprain, STAY OFF IT! Use the crutches, or the air cast, or whatever they give you, and obey them to the letter.

I didn't.

It took six months of physical therapy to undo the damage I did by walking on a sprain. Caused a buildup of scar tissue that reduced flexibility, and I'm a martial artist and a dancer. Had I been on crutches for a few weeks instead of jamming my foot into toe shoes three days later, I would not have had to shell out all that cash (insurance didn't cover it) or waste all that time with physical therapy.

Ignore all that shit about "working through the pain" if it hurts, your body is telling you something. Listen, and obey.

RICE:

REST
ICE
COMPRESSION (Ace Bandage)
ELEVATION

Go to the doctor. Get x-rays. make sure you didn't break anything. Then, follow doctor's orders. If its a sprain, STAY OFF IT! Use the crutches, or the air cast, or whatever they give you, and obey them to the letter.

I didn't.

It took six months of physical therapy to undo the damage I did by walking on a sprain. Caused a buildup of scar tissue that reduced flexibility, and I'm a martial artist and a dancer. Had I been on crutches for a few weeks instead of jamming my foot into toe shoes three days later, I would not have had to shell out all that cash (insurance didn't cover it) or waste all that time with physical therapy.

Ignore all that shit about "working through the pain" if it hurts, your body is telling you something. Listen, and obey.

I can only say shave your legs befor posting any more picture;););).
take care & take it easy
AM67

OUCH!! Stay off it and don't jump until it's healed. Better to do a coach jump than to ruin your ankle for good. ((((((((((HEALING VIBES))))))))))

billy d------------------------- "Escape may be checked by water and land, but the air and the sky are free." (from the story of Daedalus and Icarus)

I'm sorry to hear that.

I messed up both my ankles while at Z-Hills. The FIRST ankle injury occured while on the ground. I was doing pike jumps (don't ask why), and i rolled it, hurt like crazy, of course next day i decided to jump (i wouldn't land on my feet though). THEN SUNDAY...

... We were landing a tri-plane (crazy CReW stuff), and i accidently forgot that i should watch the ground, and NOT the person i dropped at 80 feet. oops... messed both of them up.

Hang in there, it'll get better :))
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

Dumbass;)

get better...and don't be stupid. Basketball is dangerous shit...you don't see me playing...(Of course Im only 5'6")
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Good News! (Kind of...all things considered anyway).

Nothing's broke, I just have a few torn ligaments.

I'll be on crutches for 3-5 days or so, then I can slowly start putting weight on it again.

He said I should be 100% a-okay in 6-8 weeks. I'll be un-current in two weeks.

Can anyone say "butt slide" ?? B|

Actually, on a more serious note, I do not plan on doing anything that I feel is out of my range of motion or safety. So if I can't jump within two weeks...big deal, I pay a few extra dollars, and do a coach jump or two until I am current.

There are more important things than being current...such as...umm...being able to walk normally 40 years from now. ;)

Thanks for the vibes everyone...I'll be a'ight.

Can't wait to jump again....

-Kramer

The FAKE KRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMER!!!!!!!!!

Damn dood I know exactly how you feel. I have rolled both my ankles/broken them. I guess I was born with weak ankles or something:S Be really careful on it for a good couple of months, maybe even wear a support. I didn't and I kept hurting them, now they are really weak. I wear a support on both when I jump now, ugh...

Only bone I ever broke was due to playing basketball. I had just gotten back from Airborne school without so much as a scratch. Rolled my ankle so far it pulled the tip of the 5th Metatarsal (SP?) off. Man was that pain. I couldn't walk on it for about 4-5 weeks even though it was in a cast.It still bothers me to this day because on it didn't quite heal perfectly straight. [:/] Oh well....I got an extra 10% disability out of it when I got out of the Air Force. B|