GogglesnTeeth

My parents are going to watch me jump!!!!

Ok, so my 34th birthday and my 4th skybirthday are this Monday (8/22/05) and my parents have agreed to watch me jump. I can finally show them what I have been talking about for so many years now. They of course will never jump, but they are finally willing to watch me. I plan on pulling at a nice safe altitude and don't plan on doing anything stupid so I don't freak them out or "go in" infront of them. Anyone wanna join me?? I'll be at Clewiston Monday morning, should be cool!!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

My Mother and aunts will not come watch. when I started jumping again....

Thats to bad. My father jumped with me on my first jump on my 18th b-day. Thats all it took. My mother a few years later along with my 2 sister and my Aunt all packed up and I took them to Skydive Chicago for there first jump. My younger sister was the only one who realy got into jumpin. Everybody else had fun but would not do it again. My mother had a couple words for me that I have never heard come out of her mouth before. I told her I got the soap for saying that. It also calmed her down a bit seeing the DZ in person. I tink she understood that we are not all a bunch of nut bags escaped from the ward on a death wish. She saw a lot of profesionals who were polite and safety aware. She felt a lot better about me jumping after seeing that in person. Thank god because I was never planning on stopping.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

My mom was the one who wanted to do a skydive, and got me started in it... So, she really cant say anything :D

But, my parents understand, and ask me about it every time I talk to them... Some of my other relatives think that it's crazy, but they just tell me to stay safe.... Guess I'm lucky ;)

FGF #???
I miss the sky...
There are 10 types of people in the world... those who understand binary and those who don't.

my wife and kids where, how can i say this "TOTALLY UNDERWHELMED" and have never watched me jump again:S where more interested in the beach nearby:o

The only two times that my parents have ever watched me jump was when I did beach jumps. Once at the Florabama bar when they had to come pick me up and go out to dinner afterwards, and the second time when I did a demo jump on the beach right in front of the cabin they always rent every year. I didn't really give them a choice... :D:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

took my pop to the dz to try a tandem, think he will never do that again. got sick to his stomach. was hoping it would be a better experience for him. Well think he knows how crazy I am. : -) well he saisd he is glad he did it , though he will never do it again.

I know it's a dead thread, but I just wanted to post a special thanks to Caleb at Clewiston. I got my birthday jump and my parents got to see it. We were there at 9am, the tandems didn't show, but we waited patiently for the second batch. They didn't show for about another 2 hours and the weather was starting to roll in, but he let me do a quick Hop n Pop out of the Caravan anyway!! Thanks a ton!!
Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

I know it's a dead thread, but I just wanted to post a special thanks to Caleb at Clewiston. I got my birthday jump and my parents got to see it. We were there at 9am, the tandems didn't show, but we waited patiently for the second batch. They didn't show for about another 2 hours and the weather was starting to roll in, but he let me do a quick Hop n Pop out of the Caravan anyway!! Thanks a ton!!

Caleb and Lisa are awesome! I'm so glad that your parents got to see you jump/landB|