j0nes

Marijuana situation

Remember in that other thread where I said:

"You, my friend, have been making me look like a fairly nice alternative at times lately."

Well, this is one of those times.

Call me clueless or in denial, but I like to think that my fellow airmen of all persuasions keep that crap off the DZ or any other airports.

Walt

I like to think that my fellow airmen of all persuasions keep that crap off the DZ or any other airports.

you're livingin a dream dude, besides one dz i've jumped at there has been weeed around, and i bet it's around, it's just never seen as the dz is very againt it.... yu'd be suprised at what other drugs are around a dz too/// pretty much anything you can think of..... a dz is just like real life............drugs are everywhere....

I have heard of that shit happening at my ex-home DZ since the new owners bought it a few years ago. Not exactly why I quit going there, but it reinforces my reasons not to jump there...
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

this is an anonymous poll, no one will know how you answer so feel free to be honest.

This is also a PUBLIC forum. As for honesty, I gave you a 100% honest answer--I like to think that my fellow skydivers and all other airmen keep that shit away from DZs or any other place where aircraft are operated.

Walt

you're livingin a dream dude, besides one dz i've jumped at there has been weeed around, and i bet it's around, it's just never seen as the dz is very againt it.... yu'd be suprised at what other drugs are around a dz too/// pretty much anything you can think of..... a dz is just like real life............drugs are everywhere....

For a while, that crap was happening in the 80's and most of us finally realized that it was a bad thing. I guess history has a way of repeating itself.

Walt

This is also a PUBLIC forum.

correct... so to recap... we have

POLL = annonymous
FORUM = public

thus, you can vote honestly in the poll without fear of repercussion and as long as you don't post anything, no one will know you feeelings on the issue.

Gee, another one of these threads?

Type in Marijuana in the search function and see how many threads you get:S
May your trails be crooked, winding, lonesome, dangerous, leading to the most amazing view. May your mountains rise into and above the clouds. - Edward Abbey

This is also a PUBLIC forum.

correct... so to recap... we have

POLL = annonymous
FORUM = public

thus, you can vote honestly in the poll without fear of repercussion and as long as you don't post anything, no one will know you feeelings on the issue.

I fully understand the difference. I was pointing out that these posts are accessible to those outside the sport.

Walt

There times when a poll like this would have a purpose of learning, or getting others thinking.

I have a feeling this isn't one of them.

That said, if people go to the dropzone and drink, or jump while they're still hung over, or tired, I don't really think that pot is that far away from reality. No proof, just a thought that each generation has to learn the same lessons themselves.

Me, I'm 50, way uncool, and subject to drug testing :P.

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

That's ok, type j0nes in the search function and see how many pointless, slanted polls there are :D

you don't like my poll, don't read it

I didn't say I didn't like it. Your posts do have a lot of entertainment value.
it's like incest - you're substituting convenience for quality

There times when a poll like this would have a purpose of learning, or getting others thinking.

I disagree Wendy. I started this poll because I knew there was SOME drug use at my DZ (and some I've visited).

However as I started hanging out at the DZ until later hours, I saw more people partaking.... some even in your age group!

So no, this poll was not intended to criticize anyone for their use or non-use.