Douva

"My 300th Skysurf" or "When Good Skysurfs Go Bad"

Under canopy I immediately started looking for my board and thought, "What's all this crap floating around me?" Then I realized I was seeing spots.

:-O

Any petechiae?
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

Under canopy I immediately started looking for my board and thought, "What's all this crap floating around me?" Then I realized I was seeing spots.

:-O

Any petechiae?

No, I managed to chop the board before I blew out any blood vessels; however, I do think I was probably spinning fast enough for it to happen.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Dude I'm glad you're both ok! Now go out and buy some lotto tickets:P:)

That was more good management, than good luck:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

So, did you know you had only one foot connected. Seems like "duh, of course I could feel it" - but that happened so fast it might have been hard to feel exactly what was happening... Like a broken in half board or something?

Also, kind of make me think that a release system, like the Collins lanyard on the RSL - that would release the "other" binding if one went would be a neat thing to have in that situation???

So, did you know you had only one foot connected. Seems like "duh, of course I could feel it" - but that happened so fast it might have been hard to feel exactly what was happening... Like a broken in half board or something?

Also, kind of make me think that a release system, like the Collins lanyard on the RSL - that would release the "other" binding if one went would be a neat thing to have in that situation???

After being knocked unstable by the collision, I immediately realized I was unable to regain control of the board. I then looked to see if both feet were still fastened to the board. I saw that the back foot had released, recognized that there was no way to recover from that situation, and pulled the board cutaway handle. That's what was going through my mind in the 2.3 seconds between the collision and the board release.
I don't have an M.D. or a law degree. I have bachelor's in kicking ass and taking names.

Sooooooo I was thinkin a wee bit of a track might not be a bad thing to get away from the board...I was waiting to watch it go zooming past you as you deployed...:P

I intentionally didn't track because I wanted to follow down the board. Unfortunately, I was too dazed to see it.

WOW!!:o As someone who has chased you around the sky a few times, i can say that i am really glad you didn't pull anything like that with me.:D:D That video is definately a keeper. I much prefer the saturday jump over that one though.;)B|

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

Textbook. I hope you don't mind if I show that to my students.

BTW, had you gotten hurt (just a handful of days before Nationals), I would have had to kill you. ;)

The latest...

I know you spoke to Rob and know about James. Up until today, I had counted on at least 5 of us. But with James' ear infection and Jay (Florida) still recovering from the hurricanes (???) we just can't seem to get a break. I mean, here we fought USPA for life and we worked our tails off to add two additional competitiors...and KABOOM.

Interesting note: Scott Smith knew of at least 4 competitors. I'm trying to find out which 4.

Also, I ran into Mary Tortomasi (1998 women's silver medalist) and she expressed interest. And then there is Tanya (the best there ever was) who also expressed interest.

So, we are either at the end or at a stalled rebound.

Look forward to seeing you Wednesday! (FYI, our first competitor meeting will be at sunset/6pm Wednesday).

Blue Skies Forever!!!

Lawrence