grue

Goofy, but quasi-serious question.

Let's say a midget/little person/dwarf/whatever term they prefer wants to skydive, and has a tonne of money. Let's say this person is, oh, 65lbs, and has a harness and container built for him, fitted for a 90sqft main and 120sqft reserve. This person decides he wants a Velocity 90 or something equally extreme for you or I. This would be around a 1:1 wingload, but on an extreme canopy. How do you think it'd go?
cavete terrae.

It would still be daunting for them until they get some experience. They should get a small Sabre or something in the meantime.

Dude, aren't most of your postings weird? I realize you like to jump, but didn't you say you are busy with sports as well? Go have fun with those sports in the meantime!

It would still be daunting for them until they get some experience. They should get a small Sabre or something in the meantime.

Dude, aren't most of your postings weird? I realize you like to jump, but didn't you say you are busy with sports as well? Go have fun with those sports in the meantime!

Yeah, I'm a weird guy. I'm busy all day with school and soccer, but when I'm done with practices and stuff at night... watch out!
cavete terrae.

Midgets are cool. I think they should get a really small sabre or something though. I'd ask a small petite chick for her advice on that one.

I'm a short dude, but an Anvil

:P
Vinny the Anvil
Post Traumatic Didn't Make The Lakers Syndrome is REAL
JACKASS POWER!!!!!!

Quasi-serious answer.

In his seminars, John LeBlanc always tells guys to quit giving small women canopy advice.

A 190 lb guy under a 190 sq ft canopy flies differently than a 120 lb woman under a 120 sq ft canopy.

He used the 100 lb. girl example when he was giving the speech at Elsinore. People kept giggling and nudging me...and they were some of the instructors. :D

Bad idea. A 1:1 loading at 90lbs is nothing like a 1:1 loading at 200 lbs. I'd start him on a Triathalon 160; even then he'd have to be prepared for a higher-than-normal risk during his student training (due to the more responsive canopy.)

We used to have a little-girl rig with a small harness and a Triathalon 190. Worked well for women down to 110 lbs.