skymama

Hurricane Katrina

if any one has any info on gulfport,Ms please let me know. From what i've heard it's not too good. I might not have a house anymore.

thanks
kreg

Kreg, I just tried to contact Wayne again as well as cousins in Saucier, MS and all I'm getting is the "due to the hurricane in the area, your call cannot be completed..." message..[:/] I'll keep trying!

Any news?? How are ya'll doing up there??

Were cool like Fonzie now. The power just came back on and my Ben&Jerry's didnt get ruined. Baton Rouge got very lucky. No flooding, power outages, no deaths in the city have been reported. Winds only got to around 70 here. I took a drive around and I have seen more damage from a bad thunderstorm than what we have now. We were very lucky and thank you to the kind people who sent pm's of concern for me. I will be going to the aorport tonight to get help get the hangar ready for flights to resume whenever. The people to the east of me didnt fare as well from what I hear. Dont have any specific details on the damage over there yet.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Any news?? How are ya'll doing up there??

Were cool like Fonzie now. The power just came back on and my Ben&Jerry's didnt get ruined. Baton Rouge got very lucky. No flooding, power outages, no deaths in the city have been reported. Winds only got to around 70 here. I took a drive around and I have seen more damage from a bad thunderstorm than what we have now. We were very lucky and thank you to the kind people who sent pm's of concern for me. I will be going to the aorport tonight to get help get the hangar ready for flights to resume whenever. The people to the east of me didnt fare as well from what I hear. Dont have any specific details on the damage over there yet.

I'm REALLY glad you came out ok. Let's hope our our folks did too.

Walt

I walked down to the world's fair park earlier. I needed to get out and stop watching 2 blogs, a video stream, and websites of weather news at the same time. I sat on a park bench and cried. The homeless people stared at me. I like feeling the rain, I know she is wet too from the same storm and it makes me feel closer.

I walked down to the world's fair park earlier. I needed to get out and stop watching 2 blogs, a video stream, and websites of weather news at the same time. I sat on a park bench and cried. The homeless people stared at me. I like feeling the rain, I know she is wet too from the same storm and it makes me feel closer.

What's the latest from Tammy? Are they still in the attic? no roof damage? how's the flooding?[:/]

WDSU.com just announced 50 confirmed dead in MS gulf region.

A large portion of those deaths were reported in one apartment complex. Not sure exactly where though.

This hurricane produced some of the highest storm surges in recent memory - a peak of 22 feet, along the Gulfport coastline. We can only be thankful it didn't come ashore as a category 5 hurricane. It was down to 3 at landfall on the MS coast, but it was still one of the worst in intensity for the MS coast, most definitely the worst since Camille in 1969. Mobile, AL was hit hard by flooding and storm surge of about 13 feet. Geez... I guess I can't expect the beachfront cabin that my family rents every year on the Ft. Morgan peninsula to still be standing or be repairable... [:/]
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Mobile, AL was hit hard by flooding and storm surge of about 13 feet.

Last I heard (few hours ago) was that the causeway/bridge over the Mobile Bay was completely under water. The water may have receded since then. Have you heard this as well? My dad is in Mobile and I can't reach him.

WDSU.com just announced 50 confirmed dead in MS gulf region.

latest report...
50 dead from apartment complex
2 dead from having trees fall on them
3 dead from traffic accidents

We have a famly member who went to a friends apt. across the street from the beach in oceans springs, & my son in laws parents stayed @ thier house 5 blocks from the same beach! I don't have a good feeling about this one. I'm in AZ. Katrina has hit here as well:(
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49

Don't lose the faith Bill.

Things are REALLY chatoic when this sort of thing happens. Power out, cell communications flooded or down. Chances are more than good that your friends are fine. It's just that they can't get word out.

Oh, and don't forget that they may have burnt out their cell phone batteries just communicating with family.

Chin up!

- Z
"Always be yourself... unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

The only waterfront apartments in Ocean Spring I can remember is not far from my grandparents and one aunts house. They didn't say anything about buildings being washed away. Just flood damage and tree damage. I belelive they will be fine.

In my heart I feel everyone is OK! This is very hard not knowing. My prayers go out to everyone affected by Katrena. I wish I could do somthing, but, I know all I can do(like everyone) is wait.
----------------------------------------------
"Thats not smoke, thats BUCKEYE!!"
AQR#3,CWR#49