diverdriver

Please keep Wendybird in your prayers.

My wife Wendy (Wendybird on DZ.com) is doing volunteer medical help in New Orleans. Her team (which she organized in about 3 days work and they flew out this morning from Indianapolis) is there to help out at the airport. I'm very proud for her and at the same time I worry for her.

Attached is a picture she took approaching the airport outside New Orleans.

Folks, do what you can to donate anything you can to the American Red Cross or any other reputable group helping out. We are way behind in helping these people but that's no reason to do nothing.

Prayers go out to all who are affected by this apocolyptic disaster.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

it takes a strong willed person to do that... i know the people there will be forever grateful... send her best wishes and same to you as well.. i will say some extra prayers
"life does throw curveballs sometimes but it doesn't mean we shouldn't still swing for the homerun" ~ me

Wow, Chris, that is truly awesome.

mh

"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

They actually have some Indiana native PD people going for their own security detail. They didn't want to depend on the Feds for protection.

The latest update is that they got to NO and were not really needed right at the airport anymore. So, they got FEMA director Brown to commandere a bus for them to go to Alexandria chasing the refugees. Now, less than 24 hours since arriving in NO they have split the team once and now are all going to Baton Rouge to handle the continued flow of refugees there. Who knows where they will go next if anywhere.

There is still tremendous chaos there in trying to get the people who want to help in contact with people who need medical care. These people want to help. There just seems to be a problem getting information on where to go help.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125

ya go to help by going with a fema designated team as close to half the paramedics of some local companies have done. they were dispatched by fema...are doing primary 911 in and around NO's area. if ya just show up you can be more of a hinderance than a help...This is the word I'm getting from crew's in the area. lots of these "teams" are showing up...with no proper supplies..etc..etc..etc....it is a bit of a headache for FEMA.

Marc
otherwise known as Mr.Fallinwoman....

Folks, do what you can to donate anything you can to the American Red Cross or any other reputable group helping out. We are way behind in helping these people but that's no reason to do nothing.

There's a BASE gear manufacturer raffling off gear for donations to hurricane relief. Thread in the BASE forum here.
-- Tom Aiello

[email protected]
SnakeRiverBASE.com

ya go to help by going with a fema designated team as close to half the paramedics of some local companies have done. they were dispatched by fema...are doing primary 911 in and around NO's area. if ya just show up you can be more of a hinderance than a help...This is the word I'm getting from crew's in the area. lots of these "teams" are showing up...with no proper supplies..etc..etc..etc....it is a bit of a headache for FEMA.

Sorry I didn't put it in there before Marc. She is. It's an arm of the Indiana FEMA. It's still chaos down there. They were getting bad info all the time. They were about to go to Baton Rouge when they sent a scout instead of the team and found out that FEMA walked in and started clearing Baton Rouge sending them to Alexandria so they decided to stay put. And they are not in the way. They are very much working their tail off now helping people.

They originally were told to go to NO by FEMA national. When arriving and seeing what was going on did they find out they were needed elsewhere. Things are fluid, dynamic, whatever. Because of Wendy's "on the ground" assesment they are redirecting another group coming on a bus from Baton Rouge to NO to relieve the hospitals there.

I'm very proud of my wife and all the team she has doing the best they can under the circumstances.
Chris Schindler
www.diverdriver.com
ATP/D-19012
FB #4125